PDA

View Full Version : Im applying for a grant !!??? Advice please

funfunfun
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I have been filling in my (bussiness plan)

The grant is for £500 ......better than nothing and im aware that in some areas you cant get anthing at all .......however im actually stuck

I am goung to ask for the ncma mambership-insurance for the year (176)

doctors fees for filling in health form ( £45 )

ofstead registration ( £35 ) approx

i have done 1st aid/food safty already so dont need these

Thing is they advised me not to put down anything for toys etc as they said you could easily use them yourself and that the best thing to do would be to ask for this that you would specifically need for the bussiness to start .

Is anyone aware of anything that im not aware of as £500 is available to me providing i have £500 off things that i need

without resources/toys etc im at a loss

Any ideas??

Thankyou

Mouse
07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Advertising
Business cards
Headed stationery
Filing cabinet
Folders
Laminator
Printer
Safety items - first aid kit, fire blanket, stairgates, fireguard, cupboard locks
Childcare books
Mobile phone specifically for childminding

Mouse
07-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Posters
Notice board
Coat stand
Storage for mindees' coats/shoes/bags

jo f
07-02-2010, 08:54 PM
personalised t shirts with company logo on?

funfunfun
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Wow thankyou i have already purchased some on the above though

wonder if i could claim for storgae /toys and fileing cabinet/safe etc ??

what do you think ??

Mouse
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Wow thankyou i have already purchased some on the above though

wonder if i could claim for storgae /toys and fileing cabinet/safe etc ??

what do you think ??

If you've got receipts for the things you've already bought, I don't see why you couldn't claim the money back.

If you can show that you are only buying storage/filing/safety equipment because of your business, then you should be able to claim.

Each area is different though. When they did start up grants here the new minders could claim for toys. Like I said, show in you business plan that you need to buy a filing cabinet as paperwork has to be kept secure, you need toy storage to keep minding toys seperate from your own children's toys etc.

Good luck!

funfunfun
07-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Thankyou so so much

Mrs Book
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
funfunfun who are you going for your grant through? I'd like on to get my garden sorted.

emmaflossie
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
can you claim for a double buggy int he start up grant i have emailed my FIS and waiting to hear back. My son is 5 so far too big for the buggy lol

Mcgons
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Digital camera and photo printer?

funfunfun
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Its with a seperate agency for new bussiness's the FIS where i live dont gove funding anymore :(

I have had to do a bussiness plan and everying (omg)

Turnaround time is 3 weeks ....i no if your unemployed reed employment are supposed to very good and they pay for NCMA membership etc

Help you out loads ( however i work so not an option for me )

Myns North doncaster trust (for the funding)