PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe the cheek!!!

Merry-Minder
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
One of my parents texted me this afternoon to say - 'you know I wouldnt normally ask this but tax credits didnt pay me this friday so can I pay you next week instead of this week, let me know if there is a problem' - I would have done this for my parent purely out of my own choice, if I had the money to tide me over, I know I dont have to do this but I would have - so I text her back saying that and im sorry I cant help on this occasion and will need paying as normal - to which she repied 'well how do you expect me 2 pay you if I never got paid x' I couldnt believe she said that so politley I replied 'you asked me to tell you if there was a problem, I cant afford to work and not get paid, If you dont pay me then I cant afford to pay my bills' she told me 'she has got bills to pay too, dont worry ill sort something out' again I kept my calm and proffesional head on and thanked her.
I cant believe how cheeky this women has been, I dont mind that she asked me, but just because on this occassion I couldnt help she got all arsey with me - why does she think her bills are more imporatant than my bills!!!! Now ive got to face an arkward meeting in the playground tomorrow on the school run - perhaps I should have agreed to her late payment and just reminded her of my £5 per day late fee and see how she liked that!!!
Out of interest has anyone ever heard of a persons tax credits not being paid before???

Zoomie
07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
only reason i can think of tax credits not paying is they have updated their records and figured they have already paid too much for this year and thus there won't be any more till the next tax year.

parents fault, as they should have notified tax credits of changes more quickly so as to avoid an overpayment.

and if parent was really slow, they will be paying 'overpayment' back next year too.

not your problem and well done for keeping your business head on :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Yep mine weren't paid, they had stopped them cos ex was reporting me for all sorts (fictional of course). However, they weren't monsters when I called and they offered me an emergancy cheque from a local I.R off to pay my CM!

Merry-Minder
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
There shouldnt be a problem re an over payment as she only sorted it in November when LO started with me, for the first few weeks mom was having to pay out of her own money untill TC's were sorted, I really cant think of any other any reason - other than maybe she is trying to pull a fast one.

xxx

sarah707
07-02-2010, 06:55 PM
She's probably over spent this weekend... or is that my cynical side coming out? :rolleyes: :D

Merry-Minder
07-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Im going to agree with you Sarah - of she managed to pay me for weeks out of her own money while she waited for TC's to pull their finger out, then why is a huge problem to just pay me for one week??? - she has obviously over spent, im just not sure why she thinks its ok for me to pay my bills late and not her own!!!

sarah707
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Because you're not Tesco silly! :rolleyes:

Tesco has to be paid... you just might wait if she asks nicely enough :laughing:

Curly Quavers
07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
You know I just don't buy it.

When I worked I paid my CM for 2 children it was simply the case that if I didn't get tax credits it was not worth me working.

But I never had a problem with not being able to pay even if the tax credits were a couple of days late I still made sure I had money for my childcare.

I think people must think we came down with the last shower!

estrelas
07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
You know I just don't buy it.

When I worked I paid my CM for 2 children it was simply the case that if I didn't get tax credits it was not worth me working.

But I never had a problem with not being able to pay even if the tax credits were a couple of days late I still made sure I had money for my childcare.

I think people must think we came down with the last shower!

I was the same, i used to pay my childcare before my rent!! If i couldn't work, i couldn't pay my rent anyway was the way i saw it
Childcare was the first thing i paid. Thats why it never occoured to me Pre reg to worry about non payment. I soon realised tho

Tell her, sorry but you need paying

Hebs
07-02-2010, 09:53 PM
i was overpaid one year they stopped my money at the end of feb which left me with 6 weeks of childcare bills i couldnt afford to pay (unless i starved the kids)

i rang them and explained and they made the childcare payment part as normal and added it on to my overpayment to be deducted from the next years claim,

tax credits arnt monsters and IF they haven't paid her they should sort it out for her :thumbsup:

edit to add... i wasnt actually overpaid but took me over 3 years to fight them to prove otherwise :laughing: but i did it and got all the money back they they had reclaimed from me by mistake)

Merry-Minder
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I understand that tax credits make mistakes, and I really wanted to help her and would have if I could have - thats what makes it worse, is the snipey texts!
The fact is, as someone else has said, if she has no childcare (or doesnt pay it) then she cannot go to work and therefore has no money to pay any bills, surely then childcare should be her top priority.
Sadley I still feel horrible, and will feel worse when faced with her in the playground tomorrow - even though I konw im in the right!

miffy
07-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry you're still feeling bad about this.

You've done the difficult bit and hopefully she'll not bother trying to delay payment again now you've stood up to her.

Just plaster a smile on your face when you see her and act as though nothing's happened - it's over with now and you don't need to discuss it again :)

Miffy xx

Merry-Minder
08-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Just to say I got no more than an embarrased smile from mom this morning when I passed her on my way home from the school run - she was running late, I wonder if that was done on purpose sos to avoid me?? - well that worked just about as well as asking for a week off from paying!!!!!! lol

HELEN10
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi interesting to know that t c can make an emergency payment to pay childcare.

I have a parent who has (4wks ago) told T c of a change of circumstance and they immediately cancelled her claim and she had to claim all over again (partner moving in with her). To date she owes me £740 and i am on holiday for two weeks from the 19th feb and really need the money asap.

She has mentioned having to pay me but they have not offered any payment, do you just have to be cheeky and just ask for it?

Merry-Minder
08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Call me a negative person, but I dont work for free, With my parent I just told her that and she understood that she would have to pay me out of her own money until she got paid, in my mind its not my problem, and I know that sounds harsh but after reading all the horror stories on here I just didnt want to take the chance. I have no reason to trust a stranger and so I have to cover myself - what if your parent decides to do a runner? I dont mean to worry you, but its worth having a good think about it.

xxx

HELEN10
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hear what you are saying Merry-Minder but its a case of cant get blood out of a stone, they both don't have good jobs and after she paid food, gas etc there is nothing left. Good job i can still pay mine!!

Have told her that she needs to tell me how she plans to give me some money if she does not receive it by the end of this week, afraid she is just going to have to borrow from somewhere!

Nadine Beazley
09-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Hiya!
The same thing happened to me back in Sept '09. Parents told me that tax credits hadn't paid them and that they'd give it to me when they could. They then took the children out of my care in Oct '09 and weren't going to tell me until I contacted them! They kept promising to pay the money owed in instalments and I still haven't seen any of it!! :

Minstrel
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Personally I don't know how my parents pay me.

But i think its a bit like any other benefit and a landlord wouldn't care if you didn't receive your housing benefit, they would still exoect their rent.

(my son wants me to do this --- :happy banana: )

cloud9
15-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I have to say i'm exactly the same, when i sign contracts with a parent i remind them regardless of how they intend to pay my fees they are responsible for meeting the costs not the childcare companies and not the tax credits.
Tax credits has now become an easy excuse to put off paying childminders

Hebs
15-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi interesting to know that t c can make an emergency payment to pay childcare.

She has mentioned having to pay me but they have not offered any payment, do you just have to be cheeky and just ask for it?

she will have to ring them to tell them it's causing hardship, and that she needs to be able to pay for her childcare or loose her job.

tax credits are :censored: BUT if she explains they will help (if they refuse tell her tocontact her MP who can raise it as a parlimentry complaint which takes priority!) :D

HELEN10
15-02-2010, 03:43 PM
She has apparently told TC that she needs to pay cm and asked for an emergency payment and told cant issue that until an award has been made!!

So basically it has taken almost 5 wks to make that award and she is expecting payment (hopefully) this Thurs. I have charged her the late payment fee though of £5.00 per day and by then she will owe me £130.00 thats just in late fee charges, altogether will be £1055!!

At least as i am away on Fri for two weeks she has got two free child weeks fees otherwise i don't think i would have got my late fee charges.

Merry-Minder
15-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Although I won my initial battle- she did pay me in the end but then she rang me the other day and asked me again!! but this time cuase it was over the phone rather than text I backed down, and im so annoyed with myself - I said it would be a one off - but she was still a bit upperty with me! In this conversation it was obvious that she lied to me about TC's and that they never did miss a payment!! basically like someone else advised she had over spent and used the money that was meant for me.

It goes to show what lengths some parents will go to to get out of paying!!:angry:

Mrs Book
15-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Don't understand some people. If parents weren't paid they wouldn't like it but expect us to go unpaid!!!!

sarak31
15-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I had this same thing happen to me - and it went on for about 6 weeks - I got the money in the end but only when I told her I wouldn't let her child in if I wasn't paid!!! Got paid pretty quick after that!

Now I always ask for a months upfront so they are always paying a whole month ahead to cover me if it happens again.