PDA

View Full Version : Haven holiday park near Tenby, South Wales.

Cazz
07-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Has anyone been there or know anything about it?

We've just booked our holiday for July at Kiln Park, Tenby and I came across some reviews tonight which I thought I'd read and I have to say the majority were not at all happy with their holiday. :panic:

There was even mention of a rat infestion and part-closure of the park in October :eek:

I have to say I'm quite concerned now - we're paying more for this holiday than we normally do at the place we've visited 2 years previously and I want it to be a good week. Part of me is thinking that of all the hundreds of people who must go there each year it's mainly the ones who have something to moan about that have done a review? The main complaint was dirty caravans and bad staff attitude/unhelpfulness.

Can anybody give me any information? It would seem that everyone is full of praise for Tenby and the surrounding area - it's just this Haven site :panic:

tulip0803
07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I live not far from there and Tenby is a lovely place. Not been to the holiday camp myself but a couple of friends went they had a great time despite it being very wet. One went 3 times last year.

There is so much to do near tenby that you only need to sleep at the holiday park.

I have looked at reviews of places that I have been to before and they did not have any bearing on the experience that I had. I think you are right more people moan than praise places on reviews.

Cazz
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Thank you tulip!

You've made me feel better now. If your friend went three times last year then it can't be that bad! :thumbsup:

People do tend to complain more than they praise so I think I'll just go with an open mind and see what we think.

If the accommodation is dirty or horrible we can always come and sleep at yours if you live nearby. There'll only be 4 adults and 3 children - is that okay? :D

tulip0803
07-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I can pitch the tent in the garden:laughing:

Cazz
08-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I can pitch the tent in the garden:laughing:

Oh no - I don't do tents! :eek: That would be my idea of the holiday from hell!!

If that's all you can offer it looks like you're off the hook! :D

saljan
08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Love the Haven sites, we go to the east coast alot with our tent. if the weather is bad and you can't get to the beach, there are plenty of activites to do on site, and its all free. At night so we don't spend too much money, we take the kids to the free shows and buy them a coke and popcorn. We have booked a week at Reighton Sands (nr filey) for a week in june and can't wait!! hope you have a goood time xx