PDA

View Full Version : SECURITY TAG

Trouble
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I have just bought my dd some shorts from top shop and it still has the security tag on :angry:

the one that goes beep when you walk out the door:eek: :eek: :idea:

the shop is miles away does anyone know how to get them on without having to trail back to the shop:laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
06-02-2010, 08:26 PM
You will probably have to take them back to the shop, some of them have ink in them when you try to break/saw them off.

Trouble
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
You will probably have to take them back to the shop, some of them have ink in them when you try to break/saw them off.

great:( :( :( :(

fionamal
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
We tried before when I bought a dress from a shop before and ended up having to do the 50 miles round trip to take it back and have it removed.

Trouble
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
the alarm never went off when we walked out the door:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Its so annoying i know, and the alarms never went off either :rolleyes:

Afraid you will have to go back :thumbsup:

Gizmo
06-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Think you will need to go shopping again :(
Do you have any clothes shops near you maybe take them in with the reciept and see if another shop can remove it

sweets
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
this happened to my sister a while ago. she took it to her local clothes shop, not the chain she bought the item from, she explained and showed them her receipt and they took the tag off no problem.

sue m
That happened to me recently. It was the local Sainsbury's and when I took it back, the woman I spoke to was quite mad with the girl on the check out who'd not taken it off. Think you will have to go back with it :( x

Trouble
Think you will need to go shopping again :(
Do you have any clothes shops near you maybe take them in with the reciept and see if another shop can remove it

no unfortunately its 1/2 an hour away:angry:

TheBTeam
06-02-2010, 08:33 PM
It is really annoying, we had this when my ds was small bought him a beautiful Bob the Builder fleece from woolies to wear, took in on holiday, pulled up in the car at the beach as soon as we arrived, pulled it out for him to wear and the tag was on it!:angry: No receipt:angry: The local woolies would not take the tag off and so we had to quickly buy him another and wait till we got home to get the tag removed.

Trouble
06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
It is really annoying, we had this when my ds was small bought him a beautiful Bob the Builder fleece from woolies to wear, took in on holiday, pulled up in the car at the beach as soon as we arrived, pulled it out for him to wear and the tag was on it!:angry: No receipt:angry: The local woolies would not take the tag off and so we had to quickly buy him another and wait till we got home to get the tag removed.

people should do there jobs properly, its sooo annoying
:angry:

Chimps Childminding
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
This happened to me also at Woolies. I bought my 2 nieces and nephew dressing up clothes for christmas last year. Got round to wrapping them only to find tag still attached (the one with the ink in it). Rang Woolies before I took it back, didn't want to be jumped on by security guard with the alarm going off as I went in, especially as the dressing up clothes were right by the door :blush: They checked receipt, apologised and removed tag :clapping:

FizzysFriends
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
If it isn't the die one you can take them off with magnets, obviously don't try it with the die one just incase.

Mollymop
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I think you will have to take it back sweetie

Tell them that you are not happy though, you might find they will give you your momey back...they better!!!:mad:

Bazza
06-02-2010, 11:47 PM
If it isn't the die one you can take them off with magnets, obviously don't try it with the die one just incase.

Yes this is the way. Use a STRONG magnet as there are two or three spring loaded ball bearings inside that hold the the central pin in place by fitting into a small groove. Once you put a strong magnet near them in the right place it pulls them away from the pin and lets if free.

This is not an easy way to do it however and you can get the same result with a good pair of plyers in the pin and just use the tried and tested method of twitsing back and forth. Sooner or later the pin will weaken enough to break and then you can simply pull it through. This can cause damage to the item if done badly...

Other methods include inserting a red hot pin or similar through the outer casing of the tag and hopefully pushing the ball bearings out of place, but this is difficult if you dont know the position.

In case anyone is wondering, im NOT a shoplifter in my spare time, i used to work in retail and stuff like this is common.

Spangles
07-02-2010, 11:25 AM
This has happened to us quite a few times, I get really annoyed about it.

Apparently you are well within your rights to ask for a petrol refund on your journey to have it removed although I've never done this but not had to travel out of my way like you.

Tatia
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
And yet at other times, the alarm goes off mysteriously and you're left standing there, letting the shop person go through your bags and scrutinize the receipt!:angry:

sandy64
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
hi do you no anyone who works in a local shop who would take it off for you if you take reciept in they may i did this but it was in a shop my dd boyfriend works in worth a try

aly
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I've still got a pair of jeans upstairs that have the security tag on them...the alarm didnt go off and have since lost the receipt :(

charleyfarley
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I hate it when that happens especially if you really want to wear it.

I've had to take several things back to Boots in the past, one being an empty sd card pack :angry: Assistant had put the empty container in the bag instead.

Spangles is right you can ask for your fuel money, I did :blush: but they gave me a £5 Boots voucher due to the inconvenience of going back.

Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Trouble
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
this was from top shop:eek: :D

i will ring tomorrow and ask for my petrol money back in a voucher my ds can use it:D

will let you know thank you ladies:thumbsup:

Bazza
07-02-2010, 11:53 PM
And yet at other times, the alarm goes off mysteriously and you're left standing there, letting the shop person go through your bags and scrutinize the receipt!:angry:

If that hapens and you have NOT taken anything then you are fully within your rights to refuse them looking in your bags. Only the police are allowed to search you and even then they have to have good reason. Shops that push the line "If you have nothing to hide you wont mind" are a disgrace to retail security. The onus is not on you to proove your inocence, it is on them to proove your guilt by having effective security measures and trained staff to spot potential offenders and deal with them.

Never let anyone in a shop search you if you are not comfortable with it. Oh, also, if you are a woman and you consent to it they should have a female member of staff do it. They must call the police if they believe you have done something wrong, and they police will want to see the evidence of a video of you doing it, or the statement from a shop assistant or store detective who witnessed it. They wont lie as the may have to go to court, and they will look stupid if they say they saw you hide a bottle of wine in your coat and it is not there.

Sorry, its a real bug bear of mine when shops try their luck with security. Really gets me going...!:D

~Chelle~
08-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I had a tag on one of my DS jeans. It wasnt the dye one and I got it off with a good whack of a hammer :D It came off now problem x