PDA

View Full Version : Comb binders???

funfunfun
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Does anyone use them??

I am making my books and i have no idea where to buy what kind i need ...my books will be a5 some a4

sounds silly but can you bind an a5 with an a4 machine ???:D

Tam's Tribe
05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi

I have an A4 binder and I can bind A4 and any size smaller, I buy off the internet A4 combs (different thicknesses) and you can cut to any size and bind.

I just it for my learning journals, attendence register, visitors book, the children make their own stories and books and we bid those, etc. . . . couldnt imagine being without it.

funfunfun
05-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Thankyou , thats what im thinking am making them up and i obvs wanna make them durable ......i am making my daily diary and as you said visitors book etc

Thats what i want it for any ides on a decent price ??

Tam's Tribe
05-02-2010, 11:17 AM
When I was made redundant and decided to go into childminding, I luckily acquired mine free from the company so not sure on price sorry.

But when you buy the combs, I would recommend a few different sizes as I have used thin ones for a mindee I only have 2 mornings a week as opposed to using a thicker one for a child I have every day of the week, all day.

Look on line but a safe option would be Staples.

I think it is as important to have a binder as it is to have a laminator in childminding :D

funfunfun
05-02-2010, 11:22 AM
:D

have already bought a laminator:laughing:

and pockets :0)

i work in a school at mo so have a nosie what they have and whats best i think

thankyou:thumbsup: