PDA

View Full Version : pegging things up?

fridaysoff
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,

really tired and can hardly type - BUT need some ideas for next steps:

making den today 3yr old became engrossed in dolly pegs and scarves. Says he needs to fix it and becomes engrossed in pegging scarves across the doorway from one bit of card to the other and along one cardboard ridge he lined up scarves, again attached with the pegs. Just repeats again and again, really focussed on attaching -and watches intently as he puts the fabric in the dolly pegs slit.

Anyone got any ideas for next steps? My brains frazzled (already mis read soemone else post tonight and put up a wrong reply!!)

(My garden is temporarily unavailable so we can't use the low washing line for anything.)

TheBTeam
04-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Could you string a small washing line temporarily between two chairs, and wash/peg out some dolls clothes or even socks and match and count them.

Carpet Monkeys
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Do you have a clothes horse he could peg things onto, asking him to put all the blue ones together etc.

madredann
04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
You could look at each different aspect-material, using different types/colours tissue paper etc small pieces/big pieces. The pegs perhaps make them into people or decorate them and the attaching/fixing using different methods of attaching paperclips are really small would help with fine motor skills but obviously watch the child very closely as wouldnt want them to put them in mouth. Split pins you could make a moveable picture(whatever fits in with your curent theme)hole punch and string stapler again under supervision cable ties for bigger attachments eg long sticks and fasten at top to make a wig-wam shape spread out at bottom you could weave materials in and out to make a big den.
I would let them carry on with what they are already doing for a bit and observe again it is lovely when they are really fascinated with something

fridaysoff
05-02-2010, 10:18 AM
thank you everyone for replying. I think I will try some sort of washing airer - only got zig zagup and down one which is difficult to access for a little person without weaving themselves into it! (- have to ask my mum!) if not the line between chairs. And think I will make dolly pegs availabale with a selection of colooured tapes, big and small boxes, scissors and other modellingmaterials and see what happens. He's not in again till Wednesday so he may have moved on by then! I'll just have to see.

thank you:D again