PDA

View Full Version : Where would I put this observation?

singlewiththree
04-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I have a 10 month old who picked up a toy phone and said "dadda" into it which section would I put it under mainly

PSED
KUW?

Also what sub-category I have looked through them and can't seem to link it directly to anything and thought you guys would know :)

fridaysoff
04-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi :)

had the same obs myself today! Its in Creative dev: dev imagination and imaginative play, at 16-26mths, but not your age group but if you read the look listen note bit in book it says "eg when a child picks up a block and uses it as a telephone"

Hope that helps, got a tricky next step myself that I'll have to post up here:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks would that be more though that they are using something different to improvise as a phone. I'm sure she wouldn't pick up anything other than a phone and do that at this stage as she has just associated a phone with talking to people. What do you think?

sarah707
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Have you already observed the use of language?

It could also link to communities and relating home experiences in your house :D

fridaysoff
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
:blush: Oh no embarrassing! I've just read your post again and my answer -yours used an actual toy phone - sorry! its not exact is it, but I think it is imaginative play. You could look at CLL: language for communication 8-20mths, if its got lights or flaps and sound or anything you can get KUW: ICT, not sure on PSE, I didn't cross that one off, but there's usualy something under there you can get!!

(gawd I'm tired its been a long day!)