PDA

View Full Version : ds2 in hospital

mama2three
04-02-2010, 12:34 PM
:( i took my middle son to the doctors yesterday morning , he has been having fluish symptoms since saturday , and not able to keep anything down , high temperatures. Finally got an appointment yesterday morning and we got sent straight up to hospital where he had lots of tests and has pneumonia. Feel really guilty as i thought he was overplaying the symptoms a bit , you know what men are like , even 14year old ones! Fingers crossed he can come home this afternoon , dh there with him now as i have the mindees. would have taken the day off but tbh we couldnt both be at the hospital as we have ds3 at home so i may as well work.
i did snap at grandad who brought one of the little ones this morning who was 25 mins late and made us late on the school run. I think an apology may be in order when he picks up. Didnt sleep last night and I have such a headache, stayed with ds then rushed home to set up this morning - , I probably should have taken the day off as im no fun to be around for the kidlings!
Anyway , need to get them off to nursery now. Theyll probably be relieved!!

little miss chatterbox
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
oh my word you poor thing and your poor son.

I hope he's home soon and recovers quickly.

as for snapping, I'm sure they'll understand. Just apologise and explain you were severely lacking in sleep and stressed, if they don't understand they're not human!

Sending you and your family big hugs and a speedy recovery for your son

Daftbat
04-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Poor you - children are a worry whatever their age! Hope he is better soon - don't worry about the grandparent, we are all human afterall:)

MarpleJollytots
04-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Hope hes better soon and take care xxxx:o

Tink
04-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh i'm sorry to hear your son is unwell.

I hope he gets to come home soon and hope he has a quick recovery xxx

sandy64
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
im sorry to hear your son is ill in hospital im sure he will be better and home soon you need to rest let the children do free play whilst you put your feet up and relax im sure theyl enjoy that and you are still watching them (unless you fall asleep) lol:rolleyes: im sure parent will understand why you were short tempered. take care :)

Twinkles
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh no poor you ! What a worry.

Thank goodness your ds is in the best place right now.
I'm sure he will be better soon.
I sense some spoiling in order :thumbsup:

ajs
04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
hi kath, makes you feel guilty doesn't it when you've been telling them they are ok then you realise they are really poorly not putting it on
i hope he is ok now and that you manage to get some proper sleep tonight.

TheBTeam
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Hope ds is soon back to normal and home, I am sure grandad will understand.

LOOPYLISA
04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Hope hes better soon :thumbsup:

Ive had pneumonia not good :(

jelly15
04-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Hope your son is soon better.

Pudding Girl
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Get well soon to your DS and don't beat yourself up, we've probably all been caught out like that one time or another xx

Alibali
04-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear this, you take care of yourself and ds.

wendywu
04-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Hope he is on the mend soon poor thing:(

By the way the Grandad who was late is lucky you waited for him, if i was his minder he would have been waiting on the doorstep for me to come back.:panic:

Roseolivia
04-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Hope he's better soon.

solly
04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Hope he gets better soon, I had pneumonia a few years ago and my DH thought I was being a drama queen he felt guilty when he realised i was ill and wasnt over exagerating

sarah707
04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Hope he feels better soon! xx

mama2three
05-02-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks everyone , he came home last night and has been spoilt! he has taken over the sofa and remote control! still not eating but at least his temp has stopped peaking. he needs to take it easy for a couple of weeks now. Hes just fallen asleep so ive put mindee down for an early nap so he doesnt disturb him.
I never apologised to the grandad , as he was 15 minutes late picking up too!

ORKSIE
05-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Glad he's home and in his rightful place...On sofa with remote:rolleyes: :laughing: :laughing:

Sending you both hugs x