PDA

View Full Version : need help with application

jojane
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
in monmouthshire apparently we dont have a support worker who can come round to help with application and didnt get a mentoring session after my course

i am in the middle of getting my application ready - part 1 is fairly straightforward but i am a little bit ove my head with part 2
i am in the process of writing all my policies, i have done a sample menu, sample activity plan, need to write my risk assessments,
do i need to include all these with my application or just refer to them - ie saying i have written such and such policy???
what other evidence can i include? i plan on using ncma contract as we get free membership but obvuisly wont get the contracts etc until i am registered so do i just put i am planning on using the ncma contract??

edayhouse
04-02-2010, 10:43 AM
include your policies with your application form - it might help to speed things up.

have a look on bromley association website for policy help
x

Polly2
14-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Hiya
I didn't include my policies with mine - when the inspector came out she looked at them then - she was really nice actually, and helped me to write some of them :blush:

I would just state you are using ncma documents.

Have a look here - some good ideas for policies http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

tulip0803
14-02-2010, 12:35 AM
We have been told they won't look at them in Carmarthenshire without being included.

Can you contact your local NCMA office for advice?

We were told that we needed a statement for each standard about how we would do it and then the policies/evidence/copies of any relevant certificates (ICP, First Aid/ Food hygiene if you have them) etc.

I was told the best thing to submit is one of those display books with the clear pages and to use one for each standard - put the statement & form in front (did mean photocopying as they are back to back) and evidence in the pocket behind. I also use one of these for my portfolio and for my own copy of my policies.

Any of the NCMA literature I just wrote about my intention to use in the statement. I also had to include my boiler safety certificate. And the proof that I did not need planning permision.

manjay
14-02-2010, 09:01 AM
We have been told they won't look at them in Carmarthenshire without being included.

Can you contact your local NCMA office for advice?

We were told that we needed a statement for each standard about how we would do it and then the policies/evidence/copies of any relevant certificates (ICP, First Aid/ Food hygiene if you have them) etc.

I was told the best thing to submit is one of those display books with the clear pages and to use one for each standard - put the statement & form in front (did mean photocopying as they are back to back) and evidence in the pocket behind. I also use one of these for my portfolio and for my own copy of my policies.

Any of the NCMA literature I just wrote about my intention to use in the statement. I also had to include my boiler safety certificate. And the proof that I did not need planning permision.

I did exactly the same and my inspector said it was so thorough she hardly had to ask anything at my pre reg. I still have mine on my laptop so if you want some examples of the kind of thing they are looking for just pm me:thumbsup:

jojane
16-03-2010, 11:47 AM
thanks
i am thinking i will put it all in a lever arch file and have sections
1 - application
2 - forms and questionaires
3 - parent permission forms
4 - policies
5 - other

then write a small statement for each section with a list of where all the relevent paperwork is
ie - section 2 page 5

would this be ok? several of my bits will relate to several statements.

Polly2
16-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Thats exactly what I did :thumbsup: