PDA

View Full Version : Obs

Mrs Book
03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
How long do obs have to be? Is a few sentences ok or do they have to be longer?

After a fab morning where managed to get three obs. I just need to write them up. Which is the bit I'm dreading.

But sort of quoting Sarah707. Cant' remember full words lol But how do people find it difficult. Think 1st one is. But thank you Sarah think I have now got it into context. But after doing NNEB and having to write reams of info. Writing a few lines don't seem enough.

Have found a couple of sheets to use and then hopefully use them then in the learning journals.

Ob for today.

L 2yrs 6mths

After a great time making biscuits. L had mucky hands and went to wash hands in kitchen sink. After splashing in the water, she asked "me wash up". The bowl went in along with a couple of smaller bowls. L was then happy pouring water in and out of the bowls shouting splash everytime the water from the bowls hit the water in the sink. We talked about the bowl being full & empty and number of bowls. She had huge grins across her face. She then found a funnel on the drainer and was pouring water from the bowl through the funnel and laughing when the water came out the end.

PSE Loved playing in the water
CLL Lots of smiles and asking to wash up. Also talked about full bowls
PSRN working out what happens when the water goes through funnel & from one bowl to another. How much water needed to fill bowl
KUW Investigating water and filling & emptying
PD Using hands & arms to life bowls and how to hold bowls & funnels
CD Exploring what is on offer, communicating what is happening.

Next step - finding babybath, coloured water and different things to use for water play.

beccas
04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
that looks fine sometime i ujust put a photo and then put what area covered and what they did then next steps

Mrs Book
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Have photo to go with it. On list to get printed or on list for hubby to hook up new camera printer to computer lol lol.

Thank you. x

mamasheshe
04-02-2010, 03:39 PM
theirs a really good obs sheet in free resources i found it today i was very pleased

sarah707
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
That is a lovely observation and it sounds like you all had great fun!

Some are longer than others - some are a line or 2, others a few sentences... it depends on how much is happening and what you want to say.

just ask yourself - who is going to read a page? Can you say it all in a few words? :D