PDA

View Full Version : My neighbour has ofsted now!!

mum2two
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
My neighbour, and very good friend opposite, has her first ofsted inspection happening right now!!

She was told yesterday or today at 9.30am. I had to go to the shops after playschool drop off, and have only just got back, and the car's there...

I'm stressing for her. We all know what to expect, but you panic more on your first one, don't you.

Can't wait for the inspector to go, so I can see how she got on. Keep being nosey out the window! :p

xx

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Hope it goes well for her. i remember that feeling from the first inspection.

beccas
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
i hope all goes well for her are you curtain twitching as we type.:laughing:

miss mopple
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Oooh let us know how she gets on!

When D got back yesterday they had tried calling her twice too :eek:

mum2two
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
She's still there!! I have to keep running up to DD room to be able to see the car...

Miss Mopple, I saw D last night, & she said. She's not due til July, and I know the other D had her inspection the other week, didn't she, and she's not due one til Aug.

I'm due in May, so guess what I'm doing over the next few days... :panic: Must stay completley on top of it all, as I feel it's looming...

xx

miffy
03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Hope it's going well!

Miffy xx

nell57
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Hope its going well for her. I just waiting here of a freind who has her inspection today too:panic:

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I am due in July, and am hoping that by then I am happy with the new way I have started to do things, I am completely up to date with paperwork and my learning journeys are starting to get themselves looking good the new way i am doing them!

Good luck to everybody with OFSTED coming up!

patevans
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I am due in July, and am hoping that by then I am happy with the new way I have started to do things, I am completely up to date with paperwork and my learning journeys are starting to get themselves looking good the new way i am doing them!

Good luck to everybody with OFSTED coming up!

I am still not feeling it with mine, I think I need to cut something out but not sure what :huh:

mum2two
03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, she left about 12.45pm.

Friend is absolutley gutted, as although she is very pleased she got a good, the inspector told her she wanted to give her outstanding, but couldn't because she hadn't competed her sef... :(

I chuffed to pieces for her, as she had 3 mindees there, and one, that normally doesn't speak or do anything, decided today he was going to come out of himself & fight, answer back, throw toys, say no etc...

Such a shame just because she didn't have a spare 10 hrs to do her SEF (She works 8.30-5.30 every day, then goes out at 5.45 to her eve job every weekday day til 10pm...) she missed out on the big one.

But she's relieved.

xx

It's a small world
03-02-2010, 05:55 PM
:clapping: well done to your friend :clapping:

miffy
03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Friend is absolutley gutted, as although she is very pleased she got a good, the inspector told her she wanted to give her outstanding, but couldn't because she hadn't competed her sef... :(

xx

I think that's very unfair - the sef is not mandatory - OK so you have to show how you evaluate and reflect on your practice but it doesn't have to be on a sef!!!!!!

Glad it's all over for her though.

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats great, she should be proud of herself.:clapping:

Ripeberry
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Well done to your friend anyway. A good is great :) When they said did not complete the SEF is that not started it at all or not answered all the questions? Because I thought it was an on-going piece of work that you could fill in when and where you wanted.
For example you could fill in the end first and then come back to the begining another time?

mum2two
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
She hadn't done it at all. She told the inspector when she called, and she told her not to worry about it.

She did say the inspector told her she wasn't allowed to tell anyone what she got, so maybe she is going to go away, and check she didn't have to do SEF, and when she gets report through, it'll all be outstanding...?

xx

zillervalley
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
well done to her, but as others have said its a bit unfair when we dont have to do it

ziller

mum2two
03-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I have been thinking about it, and I guess you get a satisfactory for doing the things you're meant to be doing. You then get goods & outstandings for going above & beyond, which I guess is where the inspector is coming from, with regards to not doing SEF.

So a tip - do your SEF!!!

xx

Cazz
03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I had my development officer out today - I'm due my first inspection so she is "encouraging" me to make a start on my sef!

I'm sure she said that because it's not mandatory it won't affect your grading - if this is the case maybe your friend could appeal if she did get a good?

TheBTeam
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Well, she left about 12.45pm.

I chuffed to pieces for her, as she had 3 mindees there, and one, that normally doesn't speak or do anything, decided today he was going to come out of himself & fight, answer back, throw toys, say no etc...

Such a shame just because she didn't have a spare 10 hrs to do her SEF (She works 8.30-5.30 every day, then goes out at 5.45 to her eve job every weekday day til 10pm...) she missed out on the big one.

But she's relieved.

xx
My friend has not and will not be doing her sef but she got outstanding last year! Double standards again heh!

Minstrel
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Different as i only got GOOD but i hadn't done my SEF but the inspector said i had enough other written evaluation,

Originally i had it as an action of improvement (to do SEF) but she called me the next morning (8am!!!) to tell me she'd changed her mind and was removing it.

miffy
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
My friend has not and will not be doing her sef but she got outstanding last year! Double standards again heh!

Yep, and that's what sooooooo annoying sometimes.

Miffy xx