PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help with planning!!!!

rachb82
02-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi there my name is Rachel, i am a newly registered childminder and i am just beginning my planning.
i would like to follow the routine of primary schools when it comes to topics and planning but not sure where to find information on what topics they do each term, can anyone help!!!!
Or give me any ideas on how to plan the right topics for the whole year, i am really stuck as to the best way to do this as i have never planned before and want to make sure that i am covering all the right areas.
I hope i havent confused you but i dont know any other way of explaining it.

francinejayne
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Hiya,
I'm even less experienced than you (pre-reg!) so hope my advice helps! I have decided to do my own plan for the year covering topics suitable to the time of year (seasons, festivals etc) and things I know will be topical for me (babies in August as my friend is having a June baby so I'll give her a few weeks to get over it all before coming to visit us!), as I know the local pre-school have their own plan, and I decided to provide something that will compliment what they're doing, but at the same time is slightly different so as to not be repetitive and boring for the child. My pre-school happily tell parents and anyone else related to the school (childminders) what their plan is - so I'd advise asking yours as I imagine every school will be different!
Good luck!

rachb82
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
thats great thanks, i did wonder about approaching schools but i thought that they might think i was being cheeky - i will definately ask tomorrow when i take my daughters:)

funfunfun
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Hya im pre reg too

I think there is a section , somwhere telling you about topics etc

beccas
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
unless your accredited you dont have to follow school spick your own i do transport, ourselves, feelings, nature, weather, space,mini beasts, etc what ever you children are intrested in do a theme about that i also always include special festivals of different religions i have a yearly plan and then in that i a monthly plan then i have a weekly plan this leads on to individual mindee plaaning day by day.

MrsT333
06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
unless your accredited you dont have to follow school spick your own i do transport, ourselves, feelings, nature, weather, space,mini beasts, etc what ever you children are intrested in do a theme about that i also always include special festivals of different religions i have a yearly plan and then in that i a monthly plan then i have a weekly plan this leads on to individual mindee plaaning day by day.

my planning is similar to yours, i recently bought sarah's e-books to help me get more organised and clear in my head! they are great!
at moment i am looking after under 3's, so i'm not following themes as such, i have 1 LO who is lightening mcqueen mad, so i am going to cover transport with him!

sarah707
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Thank you for your kind comments Mrs T333 :blush:

Like the others have said the first place to start is with things that interest children... seasons, weather, their schemas and personal interests from home and other settings.

then you can move on to things that children like to do, such as learning about space, robots... whatever rocks their boats.

Most of all it should be fun and playful and interesting to them :D