PDA

View Full Version : Planning for each area every week?

Joannechildmind
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi i have an individual planning sheet for each child it has each area of development.
Do i need to plan/cover every area each week?

I am struggling with the planning side of things seems a lot when you have to plan idvidually for weach child AND cover every area each week.

Also what happens with under 2's planning at the moment i dont plan and have a little one just turned 2 do i start planning for her now?

sarah707
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Ok, first of all you cover every area of learning and development every day with most children, you probably just don't realise it.

They eat - Pd healthy eating; they have a nappy change - Psed self care; they read a book - Cll reading; they do a jigsaw - Psr&n - shapes etc.

The trick is to plan exciting activities following their interests... while they are doing the puzzle (PSR&N) they are probably -

Psed - working with friends

Cll - talking about what they are doing or describing the shapes

Kuw - commenting on the picture

Pd - using fine motor skills etc...

So already you have planned for all 6 areas in just one activity.

That is what is meant when someone says children's learning and development is holistic - it doesn't just happen in one area at a time, lots of things are involved.

When you are planning, just think in terms of what the children like to do and what the children enjoy and it should all come together.

hth :D

Joannechildmind
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
thanks Sarah your a star:clapping:

Chell
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks Sarah.