PDA

View Full Version : tax credits

Hebs
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
my tax credit award for last year was guesstimated, and once i did my return it worked out i earn £3k less than the figure used for the award payments, does anyone know if i'll get a payment for the difference???

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes you will as long as you were registered as an interest at the beginning of the year

You'll be rich!!

Hebs
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes you will as long as you were registered as an interest at the beginning of the year
You'll be rich!!

a what??? :laughing:

fionamal
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
If you give them a phone before they send out the new ones for April they can adjust it so you will receive more this year to balance it out.

Well thats what happened with us anyway

Hebs
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
i've just rang them as they wanted confirmed figures, as they guesstimated my income with me being employed for part the year and self employed for the rest,

they guessed i would earn 10K but due to start up costs etc, my actual income was only £5700 :blush:

Zoomie
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I made a loss last year, and this was deducted off my earnings as an employee. I quuried but they were adament and I got a four figure payment :D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
02-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Last year my income was wrong because I was on mat leave the year before and got a rebate of £2,000 it was such a shock as I didn't know I would get anything.

Fingers crossed you will get a rebate.

xx

FizzysFriends
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
When u have to declare your actual income after April they will pay lump sum
to make up what u didn't get. If you estimate on your declaration u have to give actual figues by i think October.

Hebs
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
When u have to declare your actual income after April they will pay lump sum
to make up what u didn't get. If you estimate on your declaration u have to give actual figues by i think October.

this was for 08/09
as i've just filed my tax return (cut of date 31st jan) i got a letter from them today saying i needed to confim my ACTUAL income, which was less then what we estimated, :)