PDA

View Full Version : Idea's, feel free to contribute!

vix84
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Hiya,
I already plan, but we tend to plan for things like outings to parks/soft play and then an activity like sponge painting, free colouring, glueing and sticking, playdough. The children are all between 19 months and 2 years and I feel we can now move onto doing some display type things, different activities than just free painting etc.

So Im going to list some idea's and hope others can contribute some simple idea's which wont cost an arm and a leg and wont take too long to organise!

Here goes:

Animal plates: Using paper plates and letting the children paint/colour the background. So sponge pain the plate yellow/orange for a lion and also get them to pain a plan bit of card. Then when dry cut out a mane to surround the paper plate out of the painted card. Draw on some eyes and whiskers and nose etc. Do similar for an elephant, just stick on a trunk and draw on face.

Sensory box: collect different things each week to put in sensory tray - tissue paper, lavender etc.

Dry pasta in a tray: include a few pots and pans and allow children to free play with it, give measuring bowls and spoons

Nursery rhyme pick and choose box: Print out a symbol to represent a nursery rhyme (star for twinkle twinkle etc.) and get children involved in glittering, painting, chalking them and then laminate. Make a nursery rhyme box out of an old shoe box or similar, sticking on some nursery rhyme pictures on the outside, then put the laminated symbols inside. Pass around for the children to choose a song for singing time.

Anyone else got any idea's for me, as being creative is not my strong point!

ss1983
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Hiya,
I already plan, but we tend to plan for things like outings to parks/soft play and then an activity like sponge painting, free colouring, glueing and sticking, playdough. The children are all between 19 months and 2 years and I feel we can now move onto doing some display type things, different activities than just free painting etc.

So Im going to list some idea's and hope others can contribute some simple idea's which wont cost an arm and a leg and wont take too long to organise!

Here goes:

Animal plates: Using paper plates and letting the children paint/colour the background. So sponge pain the plate yellow/orange for a lion and also get them to pain a plan bit of card. Then when dry cut out a mane to surround the paper plate out of the painted card. Draw on some eyes and whiskers and nose etc. Do similar for an elephant, just stick on a trunk and draw on face.

Sensory box: collect different things each week to put in sensory tray - tissue paper, lavender etc.

Dry pasta in a tray: include a few pots and pans and allow children to free play with it, give measuring bowls and spoons

Nursery rhyme pick and choose box: Print out a symbol to represent a nursery rhyme (star for twinkle twinkle etc.) and get children involved in glittering, painting, chalking them and then laminate. Make a nursery rhyme box out of an old shoe box or similar, sticking on some nursery rhyme pictures on the outside, then put the laminated symbols inside. Pass around for the children to choose a song for singing time.

Anyone else got any idea's for me, as being creative is not my strong point!

nursery rhyme sounds good i thought of making a nursery rhyme book with

aslo a touch and feel different texture book

cornflour mine love that , its really messy but fun

i seem tpo have alot of messy play activities but any ideeas for others activities?
i mind a 13 month old and 6 month my next theme is nursery rhymes?

also what do you put in a treasure basket, als thinking about a sensoery basket?
but i have nomore room in my house to store any more boxes.

rainbowmummy
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
all great ideas

just wanted to say that I have a signing bag, objects to represent songs. All of mine love it. The babies can show me there favourites as they always choose the same things and the olders ones love thinking of different songs for each item.

vix84
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
all great ideas

just wanted to say that I have a signing bag, objects to represent songs. All of mine love it. The babies can show me there favourites as they always choose the same things and the olders ones love thinking of different songs for each item.

I think mine will love it, what things have you used to represent the songs? I suppose I could do a mixture of toys and cut outs to represent, I have the odd spare bath duck and sheep from the farm animals I could use!

rainbowmummy
04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
A material silver star - twinkle twinkle
A plastic crocodile - row row boat or monkeys in trees
A bus - Wheels on the
A spider - incy winsy or Little miss muffet
Scarecrow (teddy from next) - dingle dangle
2x boats - row row
teapot from an old teaset - I'm a little teapot
horse (from our farm) - horsy horsy
Cotton reel - wind the bobbin up
Teddy humpty - humpty dumpty
Very small doll - Miss Polly had a dolly
Teddy sheep - baa baa
a hand clapper toy thing from sainsburys (they had them for a chairty event which I can't remember the name of) - If you're happy and you know it

You'll be surprised at what you can find that you already have however it's taken me years to collect ALL the items I have, my aunty (who loved the singing bag so much when she came for a visit) bought the scarecrow when I told her we were looking for one.
Enjoy xx :D