PDA

View Full Version : planning activities for 13 month old! plz help me :)

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM
well the title says it all really. im finding it hard to come up with ideas!

Shells
01-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi there I have recently registered and when I had my registration interveiw I used the following activities for babies age birth to two . I hope these help you :
1.The Treasure basket ( a basket filled with all different items from nature - pine cones, ribbons , leaves etc . This is great because you can continually cahnge the items and children especially babies learn through touch. )
2.Torch Games : encourage the baby to follow the torch light with their eyes and as they get older you could make shadow puppets and encourage them to do the same .
3.sights and sounds of the world - just spending time outside listening and seeing nature does wonders for children of all ages.
4. Water Play - can be inside or outside little ones love playing in water
5.Bubbles

I hope these help .
Shells

ss1983
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
hi i mind a 13 month old i plan topics every term at the moment its senses, he loves messy play so the topic is quite good, i dont always stick to my plans as at 13months they not interessed in set out activiites all the time , he enjoys being out rather than indoors we attend alot of toddler groups.

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
thankyou, i like the bubbles. and ive started a treasure basket, well i brought the basket! :blush:
we also go to alst of groups and she loves the outdoors!!
would love a big mirror for her, new shape sorters and stacking things but budget wont alow at the moment, i might make some of those water filled bottles with glitter, oil, sand ect
thanks you hav given me the kick i needed :clapping:

ss1983
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
i only started working in dec 09 so im new to this.yes i need a shape sortor but like you not got money at the moment.
do you have planned themes?
what toys do you have for already i think i have to many toys and not enought learning toys,

mammumof4
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
ive only been looking after her for 3 weeks so we are still at the getting to know each other stage, like you say i have loads of toys but not sure if they are educational enough! i sometimes feel a bit lost as to how you link play with the EYFS, some days i understand it all and then like now i feel my mind has gone blank.
i have lots of stickle bricks, bulding/stacking things, enough teddies to open a shop, she loves them! same with books! loads of noisy toys, push alongs.
would love a little slide, tunnel, ball pit, sensory things, soft play area.....the list goes on! good job i dont have any money :laughing:

ss1983
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
ive only been looking after her for 3 weeks so we are still at the getting to know each other stage, like you say i have loads of toys but not sure if they are educational enough! i sometimes feel a bit lost as to how you link play with the EYFS, some days i understand it all and then like now i feel my mind has gone blank.
i have lots of stickle bricks, bulding/stacking things, enough teddies to open a shop, she loves them! same with books! loads of noisy toys, push alongs.
would love a little slide, tunnel, ball pit, sensory things, soft play area.....the list goes on! good job i dont have any money :laughing:

i have mega blocks ,puzzles,peppa pig, dora and deigo/little peole, books, craft-playdough paint etc, cars,train tracks,i have a paddling pool which i use as a ball pit in the summer, i have a sit o ride tractor a cosy coupe car.
but need more learning toys lbut dont no what?
i find eyfs hard not sure if im doing the obs right, like i say i plan a topic then on my weekly pan i put down what we going to do everyday, even if we dont get round to doing it. on my obs i write down next steps thats bout it. do you use the sheets that have the development area and differnt age satges on them?

PixiePetal
01-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't spend too much on toys before you feel you need to. All toys are educational in their own way and you can improvise with things like the plastic bottles filled with different things - just make sure you glue the lids on tight.:thumbsup:

Messy play can be cornflour 'gloop' or home made playdough :thumbsup: Very cheap.

I don't follow topics for the tinies really, just make sure they are moving along the development scale for their age and stage with whatever they enjoy :) If I am doing a topic for older ones (say about 2+) the tinies join in, in their own way.

I have been minding 15 years and toys build up over time, there are still things I would like!

Have fun :)