PDA

View Full Version : DAMN DENTISTS!

Mollymop
01-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Don't you just hate it.

DS had a filling done a few months ago which fell out on Friday after school. He has been in pain since Saturday - real bad bless him, crying and rolling on the floor when it's at it's worst.

So phoned his surgery, who gave him his filling in the first place, this monring first thing. Couldn't get through for 5 mins - when I did get through they said all emergency slots have gone for the day and to ring back first thing tomorrow! grr! "What in 5 mins??" I asked and all she could say was "10 mins and yes all have gone - phone back again tomorrow and try again"

I told her that he is only a child and needs to be seen today or can they give me an emergency appointment ready for tomorrow just incase I miss out again. She said I couldn't I have to phone like everyone else.

They wouldn't give him any kind of appointment - I will have to wait til next tues for a "proper" appointment.
:mad: :mad:

I have now managed to get him an appointment at an NHS walk in dentist but it is 20 miles away and I don't drive. SO hubs is coming home from work to take him

it drives me mad!

What is the point in having your own dentist when they don't help you??

Trouble
01-02-2010, 10:25 AM
get back on the phone and tell them any dentist will do but if anything happens in the mean time they will be held responsible:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

sue m
01-02-2010, 10:57 AM
What?! That is absolutely dreadful hun. They can't leave a kid in pain. Surely they could find time to sort him out when he's been in pain all weekend! Hope he gets sorted soon. x

ORKSIE
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
They have to see him, ask to speak to the practice manager, it is an emergency!!

ORKSIE
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Or is there a Dental "Walk in centre" near you?

Spangles
01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't understand those pathetic rules about phoning for emergency appointments. He still would have needed the appointment tomorrow, nothing would have changed so why couldn't you have an emergency appointment for tomorrow, made today? Doctors are the same, they are all ridiculous. I get really mad too.

Must be dreadful seeing your son in so much pain like that.

Hope he gets it sorted out today bless him.

xxx

ORKSIE
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
LOL Molly I was soo damn cross when i looked at your post, I didnt read it all.
Glad he's getting it seen to .... Bless him!!
xx

LOOPYLISA
01-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't get me started on dentists :angry:

We have had about 4 dentists in the past year :angry:

Dd has had the orthodontist today and oh my goodness how good are they, sooooo different :thumbsup: well impressed :D

Hope poor Timmy gets sorted soon, toothaches horrid x

ORKSIE
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
How is your DS now, hope they sorted him out at the walk in centre:thumbsup:

Mollymop
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
How is your DS now, hope they sorted him out at the walk in centre:thumbsup:

Yes they got him sorted Sharon, thanks for asking xxx

he had his tooth pulled out and was massive - apparently the biggest tooth they had seen in a child! it was big.

Then he had a fever afterwards but he is ok now xz