PDA

View Full Version : Own children at pre-reg visit?

Eliza77
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've just had THE call this morning and Mrs O is coming for my pre-reg visit on Thurs am. Now, do you think I should send my 2 daughters to my mother-in-laws for the morning (they are aged 1 and 3) or my partner has offered to take holiday for the day so he can help with the children or should I just have the children here as normal on my own? What do you think and recommend? Would it be better for Mrs O to see me interacting with my children?

Also she asked if I had my CRB form for her to sign when she arrives. I assumed this was the EY and EY2 forms that I completed and sent to Ofsted when I applied. Where do I get these forms from? I'm a bit confused about this.

Aaaaah, ok deep breaths and a day of cleaning for me!!!

Eliza x

Kes
01-02-2010, 10:27 AM
It does'nt matter either way. The inspecter will look round the house and ask you a few questions. Depends if you think they will give you chance to answer questions without lots of interuptions.

Tink
01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
No have your own children with you when Ofsted come, they like to see how you interact with the children.
I had my little girl with me and it went really well.

If you don't already have the forms Ofsted will bring them when they come, mine did.

You just need to show Mrs O anything you have done in preparation for starting minding, like any polices you have etc.

Good luck and if you need anything else just ask xxx

Mollymop
01-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I would keep your children with you, it would be nice for inspector to see you interacting with your own children.

I kept my then 3 year old with me and she was great - she even wanted to show her her bedroom and she chatted happily to my daughter. It was nice x

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Only you know your own children. What ever makes things easier for you.

For you pre-reg visit I don't think it matters.

I sent my children to my mums house when I have my actual inspection for registration. My youngest get a bit over excited when we have visitors so I knew it would make it easier for me if she wasn't here :(

SparklingGems
01-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I think you should keep your children with you. It definately helped me having my son there. She commented on how well I interacted with my son and I think it made me feel more at ease because she just said for me to do things as I normally would.

But it is a personal choice, Also it will prepare you for the real thing when you have mindees and your own children.

I would ring ofsted and get crb forms sent out to you. I got mine sent when I sent off my application. You will need to have both your passports, birth certificates and driving liciences and your marriage certificates. If you dont have all of these look on crb website because you need to see what other things you can use as id and have it ready for her visit

Good luck for thurs

mamasheshe
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
i had my youngest their age 2 and i felt it took the pressure off xx

gigglinggoblin
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
My dh took my 2yo out and it was so much easier than the last bit when he came back! BUt he doesnt like me giving attention to anyone else and will scream and shout and pull me to another room if I am trying to have a conversation. I also find it easier to string a sentence together when the house is quieter so I was glad to have some peace! But only you know your kids, maybe dh could take the day as hols and stay in the house until you give him the signal to take them to see the ducks.

Ripeberry
01-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Keep your children with you, it shows the inspector how you deal with your own kids and how you cope under 'pressure' :D My then 6yr old daughter kept asking Mrs O, when she was leaving :o

Eliza77
04-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

Mrs. O has just left the building and can I just say it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. She commented on how well prepared I was and I can have have 6 children under 8 and no actions need taking.....phew!!

I ended up deciding that my partner should take the day off work to help with the children. This worked brilliantly! Mrs. O saw me interacting with my children for the first 30 mins, then they played with my partner in playroom nxt door for the second 30 mins, then he took them out. I did find them very distracting when they were in the room, but this was best of both worlds.

So thanks again for your replies and best of luck with your registration.

Big sigh of relief and a bar of chocolate now!!!

Eliza x