PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Birthday Party

FizzysFriends
31-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I need ideas for what DD can do for her birthday, she will be 8 and is really fussy with expensive tastes so I like to give her just a couple of choices.

So what can you suggest ladies and gents?

nannymcflea
31-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Pamper party. Do you know a friend, or you, that does nails, braids hair etc? That along with a pizza and some disco music to finish?

Gizmo
31-01-2010, 08:14 PM
my dd was at 2 birthday parties last week, they got picked up in a pink limo and taken to soft play and had something to eat there and ran about mad
then a mini bus back home where they sang all the way. On sundays one mum had hired a hall and a disco 35 kids there she must have been mad.
DD loved the party on Saturday and has asked for the same for her birthday Its not till November but think I will need to start saving, she will be 7

carlen222
31-01-2010, 08:19 PM
its my daughters 6th birthday this month, im taking her and 5 friends to the beuticians to get their nails painted :) xx

FizzysFriends
31-01-2010, 08:23 PM
OMG a pink limo she would love that!

The hair dressers does a party teaches hair braiding and does nails, might be a good option.

wendywu
31-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Pony party, DD did tnis when she was little. They got to ride the ponies and groom them and feed them.

Then they all had tea in the stable sitting on bales of hay.:)

Bevbeetle
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
def a pamper party my dd loved it when she had one i hired a pamper party they turned up in pink van sang and danced did hair nails makeup kids loved it it was £10 per child they got to keep everything in there hair too:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Spangles
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Blimey! This thread has shocked me! I hadn't realised that people do these kind of things for children's parties and that they were so expensive.

Wow! How scary! I couldn't possibly afford anything like that! We're trying to think of what to do for my son's 5th birthday in April and we're hoping to come up with something a lot, lot cheaper. We are even going to try to get away with a family trip to Sea Life Centre or a local zoo with a tea at Pizza Hut! Blimey we're cheap!

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I went to a salon today that does parties, sounded really good. Shes sending out the leaflets.

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
my dd was at 2 birthday parties last week, they got picked up in a pink limo and taken to soft play and had something to eat there and ran about mad
then a mini bus back home where they sang all the way. On sundays one mum had hired a hall and a disco 35 kids there she must have been mad.
DD loved the party on Saturday and has asked for the same for her birthday Its not till November but think I will need to start saving, she will be 7

Pink Limo OMG :eek: I can't believe it

My girls are only 5 & 3 I was hoping to keep the limo stuff till at least 16 or even 18!!!!!! I need a drink!

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Pink Limo OMG :eek: I can't believe it

My girls are only 5 & 3 I was hoping to keep the limo stuff till at least 16 or even 18!!!!!! I need a drink!

Shes going to her school prom in a helicopter, got that sorted.

nannymcflea
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Blimey! This thread has shocked me! I hadn't realised that people do these kind of things for children's parties and that they were so expensive.

Wow! How scary! I couldn't possibly afford anything like that! We're trying to think of what to do for my son's 5th birthday in April and we're hoping to come up with something a lot, lot cheaper. We are even going to try to get away with a family trip to Sea Life Centre or a local zoo with a tea at Pizza Hut! Blimey we're cheap!

We don't do expensive parties either. Dd is 7 in 4 weeks and the hall costs £11 to hire, lots of party games and party food.:thumbsup:

You're not cheap, just working to a budget.:)

Jessicasmummy
01-02-2010, 10:56 PM

Well I'm cheap too! My daughter had a sleepover on her 7th birthday, she had 3 friends over to stay, I'd bought facemasks and lots of other little beauty products, they played games, had dvd's in bed and midnight feasts, they played dares, sang karaoke, danced and had an absolute whale of a time! She is 8 now and says that was the best! :)

Hebs
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Its my son's 10th birthday tomorrow!

For his party I have hired the local swimming pool, we get 1 hour exclusive use of the pool, plus water slide and floating toys for £40!!!

They can have a meal after which is charged at £2 per head,

Fab party! X

wendywu
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
£2.00 per head that is very cheap. :eek:

FizzysFriends
01-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Its my son's 10th birthday tomorrow!

For his party I have hired the local swimming pool, we get 1 hour exclusive use of the pool, plus water slide and floating toys for £40!!!

They can have a meal after which is charged at £2 per head,

Fab party! X

We did that last year it was a fab party the kids will love it!

Hebs
02-02-2010, 04:30 AM
Yeah, he had his 8th birthday party there too.

Next years party is booked already, paintballing for him, me, melissa and 7 friends (needed to have 10 people) it cost me £40!

singlewiththree
02-02-2010, 07:00 AM

You can use tesco vouchers to do a bowling party for free :clapping:

singlewiththree
02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Mine have an expensive party in their reception year when a lot of parents still have to stay. I can do it as their dad pays half so its not like I'm paying for it all myself. She is having a Jabberjacks party for the whole class and family. After that it's house parties! :)

LOOPYLISA
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
OMG a pink limo she would love that!

The hair dressers does a party teaches hair braiding and does nails, might be a good option.

You have just give me a fab idea about the limo :clapping:

Thanks, dd is 12 in 25 days time x