PDA

View Full Version : fees

debbie
31-01-2010, 07:47 PM
just had a call from a parent who wants me for lo from jul.thing is she has 3 months holiday a year in one hit. how would you go about working out a fee for such a long period of time would you charge a half fee, normal fee or what? hours are long as well 7 til 7 mon-fri thanks

Zoomie
31-01-2010, 07:52 PM
How much free or half fee holiday (your own, I mean) do you normally offer.

And do you normally charge full or half fee for parents, and again how much do you offer ?

Really you should only offer what you usually offer.

LittleStar's
31-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I would charge at least half fee , and I would work out the whole years fees and then divide by 12 and there you have your monthly fee, that way if you do only charge half fee your income doesnt drop in those 3 months.

Hth

Jenna xxx

The Juggler
31-01-2010, 10:25 PM
personally i would tell her it's full fee all year round unless you take your holiday in the same period - which I guess it'd be nice for her to try to do. however, if you are planning to charge for your holidays then you would tell her full fee anyhow.

debbie
31-01-2010, 11:27 PM
thanks for your advice. normally i charge for 2 weeks of my holiday full fee the other 2 i try and fit around parents but charge half. this parents holidays would normally be when all the schools are back and i cant take kids out of school because of the huge fees local authority charge. i think i will try and work out the whole years fees and do it that way. mind you nice to be able to get holiday time of that length.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I would work out a fee for 10 months of the year, giving you 4 weeks holiday, and then divide it by 12 equal payment throughout the year