PDA

View Full Version : Bussiness name ??? how & what do i need to do ??

funfunfun
31-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Hya another one in the same day :)

How do i make sure im not using anyone elses name .....and can i use anything or do i need to get permission etc etc and so on ????

I have no idea ?

Thankyou in advance

Kes
31-01-2010, 03:18 PM
You don't have to get permission or anything. When doing forms for ofsted and tax and that your business always goes under your own name. Its just nice to have a business name to go on welcome packs and things to make it look a bit more professional. As for checking the names do a search in your local area just to make sure you don't have the same name as someone that lives close or anything. You may find someone far from you that has the same name but it does'nt really matter.

funfunfun
31-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Thankyou :clapping:

Curly Quavers
31-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes I am little Star Childminding - not any in my area but I bet you could find loads across the UK.

It was just to make my paperwork for parents look a bit nicer and I like having my logo on my fleece!

RachelG
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for this info!! I am thinking of going with Mama Bear's Childminding Service.

(Our surname is Gully and at school my hubby used to get called GullyBear ..taken from GummyBear....and then as he got older is changed to Mr Bear lol....and now people call him Daddy Bear)

Gizmo
31-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks for this info!! I am thinking of going with Mama Bear's Childminding Service.

(Our surname is Gully and at school my hubby used to get called GullyBear ..taken from GummyBear....and then as he got older is changed to Mr Bear lol....and now people call him Daddy Bear)

I like that mama bears is lovely
I dont have a name for mine but all the kids call it Joys house so dont know if I should do something with it but none of he other cms near here have names for their business'

funfunfun
31-01-2010, 10:11 PM
like the names :) well done

RachelG
31-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I like that mama bears is lovely
I dont have a name for mine but all the kids call it Joys house so dont know if I should do something with it but none of he other cms near here have names for their business'

I don't know any other childminders in my area that have named their business either....but then you can use that to an advantage to make you stand out.

I was thinking of maybe getting a couple of t-shirts for the kids...so when we go out on trips etc they have my t-shirt on so they are easily identifiable....as well as advertising ! :0) lol.

funfunfun
31-01-2010, 10:18 PM
good idea :idea:

I was thinking maybe a fleece for me with logo name on etc in summer have caps for the kids .

I have also started making a website for FREE bonus thanks to the lovelly ppl on here sharing their info :)

beccas
01-02-2010, 01:34 PM
funfunfun
i know someone who does names on fleeces and t shirts etc she charges for embroidery am charges about £4 depending on what it is let me know i got some hoodies with my name on and i got tshirts of vista print cos i got free offer. my name is safe 'n' sound childminding in wath. i have a blog and website

www.safensoundchildmindinginwath.co.uk
you can access my blog through this.

Dreean
01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
So as long as you don't have the same name as someone local the name can be whatever you want? (Am I right?) Didn't know if you needed to check with somewhere or register it or something?

Leanne59
11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
HI all,

Im in the same situation I would love a company name and logo but im so stuck for ideas on the name. I think the ideas for fleeces, t-shirt and hats are a great ideas, please help me!

mama2three
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51323

does that help?