PDA

View Full Version : Tax Bills

PottyP
30-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi All,

I registered myself with IR Aug 09', and spoke with them last week to ask when I will need to pay my first tax bill as I was concerened seeing the ads on the tv for paying online by 31st Jan or pay a fine, they said my first bill with be Apr this year.

So, my question is I have seen in a few posts that I have read that some people get billed in advance, so when I pay my bill in Apr I am right in thinking I will be paying any tax owed from Aug 09 - Mar 10, will I then have to also make a contribution towards Apr 10 - ?????? is that how it works, if thats the case I will increase the amount I put away for my tax bill would hate not to be able to pay it ?.

This is so confusing, I'm pretty certain I am going to be in a healthy minus in which case, that minus carries over to the next tax year, is that also correct ?

If that is correct, how do I carry it over ?.

Many thanks, and apologies for so many questions - I am so confuzzled with it all.

Paula x

Monkey1
30-01-2010, 08:10 PM
You will need to do your self assesment for the year up to the next tax year ie April 2010, you will either need to file before sep if you want them to work out how much you owe ( which is what i do) or by the end of Jan. HTH