PDA

View Full Version : Help ds has just thrown the x box controller

FussyElmo
30-01-2010, 05:13 PM
across the koittchen floor.. The battery compartment is now in pieces I have managed to get it back together but it wont work.. What is the chance of it working again.

Dh going go nuts:panic:

Bazza
30-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Is it one where you put in normal batteries or one where you have a play and charge kit (Rechargeable battery pack which plugs in)? The first and most obvious thing to check is that the batteries are in the right way, believe me, when your batteries fail in the middle of a game its easy to make a mistake!

The normal one is designed to come off seperate from the controller and you should be able to put them back in and just reconnect it back up. It is basically just a plastic box holding the batteries in. If you have a spare controller it is worth trying it out there.

It could also be something come loose inside the controller, if you feel confident to try it is easy to open one up with a phillips screwdriver. There is a sneaky screw hidden under the Microsoft lable if you do this. Inside there are two electric motors (they cause the rumble function). There are also a few switches and one will be for the "X" button so it is worth making sure it is in the right place and secure.

I have to say they are normally VERY robust, so i would say it is the battery part that is faulty.

Hope it gets fixed, i know how frustrating it is to not be able to play. :thumbsup: