PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Trackers plus by QED?

fridaysoff
29-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I need to find a dif method - can't get everything done each day and stressed? Are these QED things practicle - has anyone been inspected with them and what else if anything do you have with them? I've borrowed one to look at, but don;t want to try and give up on another system!:rolleyes:

love to know what you think?:)

sarah707
29-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Ofsted are said not to like anything that resembles a tick list.

They want to see observations leading to assessments leading to individual planning (next steps) for the child.

Hth :D

Shar
29-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Sarah is right, Mrs Ofsted said she did'nt mind them being used alongside other methods of Obs but not on their own. I have used them but also do written Obs,Assesments & next steps.

fridaysoff
29-01-2010, 02:27 PM
thank you. I knew they didn't like checklists, but am just re-evaluating what I do to see if I can streamline and save a bit of time and wondered what the line was now that EYFS is here and people have been inspected. I forgot to ask my inspector when she came (too busy trying to keep it all together at the time!:eek: )

I was hoping there is now some kind of innovative magic paperwork wand!
...I guess not

This forum is brilliant:clapping:

green puppy
29-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I have one of the trackers plus books, ordered it to see what it was like. The layout is completely different to the first tracker book. It is divided into the six learning areas and each page has guidence along the lines of whats in the eyfs practice guidence ( dev matters grids ). On each page below the guidence is a section for written/photo evidence to show when a child has reached that section. It's no longer a tick list, could be useful but I decided that the book is just to big. I found lovely scrap books which I put everything into as things happen. It's more of a memory book in lay out but all photos and art work has a caption or small ob with eyfs links and next steps if poss. I also use the ncma stickers, parents love the learning journeys.

fridaysoff
29-01-2010, 02:53 PM
thanks green puppy, would you mind if I asked:
Is your scrap book split into areas of learning? and do you have many to do them for? How often do you send it home and do you do a diary too? So sorry for the thrid degree:panic:

I used to do scrap books before EYFS but kept getting behind on picture printing and trimming as I was writing a diary too about food, toiletting but also activities. I used them as a memory book and parents loved them, but with 5 children on some days, planning and diary it got too much.

Do you link the observations to any form of development matters grids for each child or do you just have the scrapbook?

Sorry - and thanks!

green puppy
30-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I look after 3 under 2's full time so 3 learning journeys and 3 diaries, the learning journeys are not split into areas. The first page has a copy of the six learning areas and aspects so parents know what the stickers mean (saves writing each learning area above obs, just stick a sticker and write eyfs link, often for more than one area.). Then I have their all about me sheets, a page for family photos and their routine ie, sleeps, feeds, settling etc. I take alot of photos showing what they do, some just have captions and others are obs with eyfs links and next steps if necessary. I leave a page for their holidays and christmas so parents can add own photos or write a summery of what they did. I also include any all about me updates and sometimes any comments that parents have made in the diary if its relevent to a learning skill or a new interest. I use the development matters sheets to highlight each new development and add a sentance of how that stage was reached with a date for evidence at a glance. These are in a plastic folder kept with the scrap book but not in it. I jot down obs and wow moments in my diary and once a week I copy them into the scrap book so I know where to put each photo when printed (every month). Parents can view them at anytime but they go home every couple of months otherwise. The children are with me for 50 hours a week and I think its nice for the parents to have a constant record showing everything their child does, thats why I take so many pictures and use the scrap book in this way. I write in the diaries when they sleep and jot down last nappies etc just before pick up. Sorry, written abit of an essay here but hope it all helps!