PDA

View Full Version : Accident & Incident Forms & Policies????

Chell
28-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Do you buy accident and incident forms/books or do you just print your own?

I'm looking at policies online and the Bromley Childminding site says in their accident policy that the parent is given a copy of this form. Is this essential? I'm just thinking that if I printed my own it wouldn't be easy to give them a copy immediately.

beccas
28-01-2010, 07:56 PM
i bought one from ncma its good and i have had mine 7 years and i have not used it all yet. ncma is well recommended if you are not a member i could get you some and send to you if you its cheaper if you are a member.

Chell
28-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks Becca, that is very kind. I think I am going to go with MM but I presume they do them too - I was on their site earlier but forget what they had. :p

sarah707
28-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Are you getting the folder from MM or just the insurance?

You will get copies of all paperwork if you are buying / being bought the folder :D

Chell
28-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Are you getting the folder from MM or just the insurance?

You will get copies of all paperwork if you are buying / being bought the folder :D

........off to check the site again. :panic:

Blaze
31-01-2010, 10:40 PM
MM will be changing their paperwork in about 3 months to include carbon copies...(like the ncma ones), as they don't at the moment- but it's easy enough to buy some carbon paper in the meantime!:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I use the NCMA Accident and Incident book. I think this is one area where everything needs to be done by the book, after all I wouldn't want a case going to court on my paperwork and then someone getting off because I hadn't done something right

NCMA are not expensive for these books and I only use then for manjor incidents. I have a small exercise book for each child for minor scratches and bumps

Blaze
01-02-2010, 09:11 AM
The NCMA accident book isn't correct/up to date re EYFS (medication part) - there was a thread where someone was pulled up on their inspection because it was initialled (as per instructions in the NCMA book & not signed)!

wendywu
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Beat me to it Blaze:thumbsup:

Blaze
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Beat me to it Blaze:thumbsup:

Great minds think alike!:D