PDA

View Full Version : feb activities?

Hebs
28-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Apart from valentines day, what other activities can we do?

Mindees are 2, 3, 4, 10, and 11

sarah707
28-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm doing songs and rhymes for the chatterbox challenge next week -
Fluffyemma had a brilliant idea of making a book with the children.

Here's the thread -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50541&highlight=rhymes

Then there's loads happening in February including Chinese New Year which you can do the week before Valentines (they clash).

We will be doing pancake activities slotted in with Valentines Day - it's half term week so that should go down well.

Then for the last week I think we'll look at the weather and do some spring planting ready for the snowdrops in March :D

PixiePetal
28-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I have 2 new mindees starting so will be settling them in - both under 18 months so think lots of free play and assessments for me :thumbsup:

Chinese New Year will feature for the older mindee - only 2 days a week. Trying to encourage imaginative play so dressing up, cooking and a Chinese restaurant I think :thumbsup:

avril
28-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Much the same as Sarah, valentines, chinese new year, pancakes.

I will also be carrying on with my alphabet theme not sure what letter will be up to as stopping to do multi cultural things.

fionamal
28-01-2010, 01:49 PM
SInce we are on holiday for 10 days in Feb we are only doing Chinese New Year and Pancake day

miffy
28-01-2010, 01:52 PM
The first week in Feb is National storytelling week - plenty of scope there :)

Miffy xx

Hebs
28-01-2010, 02:03 PM
The first week in Feb is National storytelling week - plenty of scope there :)

Miffy xx

:clapping:

excellent

Sadie's Mum
28-01-2010, 02:50 PM
we're doing much the same as everyone else but also the Winter Olympics are in Feb so we're going to be doing some bits for that too

terrydoo73
29-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Apart from craft activities in relation to Chinese New Year and dressing up as well as the cooking involved with pancakes and then loads of craft for valentine what other toys specifically are you putting out for the month of February?

Tink
29-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Apart from Chinese New year and Valentines were doing shapes, mindees seem to be interested in this at the minute so it fits in well with the heart for valentines too:D

jumpinjen
29-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm realluy going to town on Chinese New Year, as celebrations last for two weeks, with a lantern festival at the end, so I am doing activities for two weeks from Valentines onwards.... I'll post about my planning ideas nearer the time!

Also Pancake Day, Winter Olympics and Valentines.... a jam packed month!

As well as the chatterbox challenge like Sarah, and doing a new kind of story telling that I learned at a tarining day, with photographs that the children can pick from to direct the story along!!

Jenni :)

Carpet Monkeys
29-01-2010, 09:24 PM
It's Waitingi Day on 6th Feb .... New Zealand's national day, just in case you want to something a bit different!

sillysausage
29-01-2010, 10:47 PM
oooh my first post. I'm doing Chinese new year next week, Valentines Day the week after then for half term and the week after we're going to be Keeping Healthy. I've seen some great ideas and links on here, thanks.
(can't believe how hard that has been to type as my e button isn't working right.....it'll be the choccie biscuit crumbs:blush: )
Funny isn't it how you can surf the internet really often looking for things to do with the children and yet this site only popped up for me this afternoon.