PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say things like this?

nannymcflea
27-01-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/environment/child-minders-says-headteacher/article-1686900-detail/article.html

twerp!

Pipsqueak
27-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I'll add my tuppence worth.....

berk!

Gherkin
27-01-2010, 10:53 PM
He does not realise what a valuable resource us childminders are. He also probably does not have any clue about early years education and beyond that he is an idiot.

ORKSIE
28-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I dont remember having all this trouble when I was at school (no rude comments please:D )

If it snowed, we went to school and had fun and did some work in between:D

miffy
28-01-2010, 08:24 AM
He could do with educating himself!

Miffy xx

singingcactus
28-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Sorry I don't understand what he has said that is wrong. The council seems to want to keep schools open - not so the kids can continue to be educated, but so that parents can go to work without worrying about childcare. To me at least, he is just saying that schools are not childcare facilities, they are education facilities.
I don't think a teacher from a primary school would be able to provide my secondary age children with the curriculum they need, and neither would primary school children enjoy being taught by some of my boys teachers. Teachers choose their age group because that is the field in which they have expertise and are comfortable with, putting them in an age group outside of their comfort zone and expertise will not benefit anyone - except the government financially as jobs remain open.
He never said he wouldn't do it, just that it wasn't viable as an education alternative, it was a childcare alternative.