PDA

View Full Version : have to have a moan

sarahlou
27-01-2010, 07:37 PM
:angry ok here goes if u have been registered as a satisfactory can u go up to an ourstanding in ur next inspection. A fello cm is always blowing her own trumpet she tells me today that mrs o would hve given her an o but she coulnt go from an s to an o. I stood there and listened blah blah i am wonderful etc. Doe she not realise that mrs o would have given her an o in nearly all areas and a g in others to justify her good overall if she thought she was outstanding!!!:) I know it sounds like sour grapes but this woman thinks she knows it all and the rest of us are just hangers on - it doea bug me we are all the same and we all do the job to the best of our ability - there is always one:rolleyes:

beccas
27-01-2010, 07:38 PM
yes i knwo but if you know what date she had her inspection youcan look online to see what they really said.

sarahlou
27-01-2010, 07:40 PM
i know it was 2 weeks ago so waiting with much anticipation:laughing:

nannymcflea
27-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Just tell her a little porkie, that you were chatting to a lady and she went from satisfactory to Outstanding...so perhaps she should complain!:rolleyes:

If she asks who, tell her confidentiality and all that..friend of mum/sis/minding mum etc etc!

jellytot
27-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Just tell her a little porkie, that you were chatting to a lady and she went from satisfactory to Outstanding...so perhaps she should complain!:rolleyes:

If she asks who, tell her confidentiality and all that..friend of mum/sis/minding mum etc etc!

oh I do like this one :D :D

sarahlou
27-01-2010, 07:45 PM
oh I do like this one :D :D

Imagine the look mon her face omg think i need tharapy well annoyin me at min

geordiebunny
27-01-2010, 10:05 PM
that sounds evil but i like, a friend went from s to o, why not throw in that she had a complaint recorded aswell doesnt mean the complaint was found true

FizzysFriends
27-01-2010, 10:09 PM
There one round here too like that, shes perfect of course and nearly got o/s. I read her report and she got sat in all but 1 area where she got a good.

It's a small world
27-01-2010, 10:24 PM
i know it was 2 weeks ago so waiting with much anticipation:laughing:

I had mine two weeks ago (it wasnt me was it :panic: ) no I got good... Im expecting mine to go online an day now.Had my report on Friday so should be soon....

Annie_T
27-01-2010, 10:47 PM
i beleive you can go from a s to an o .. it depends if you have done & kept going with what the inspector said to do and more as i would imagine your go from s to a g rather than an o but i guess it depends on Mrs O and how the cm has done with improvements.

i know what you mean tho hun i have 1 cm like that here and she gets funny if i take a new mindee on .. as if to say she should have them not me

i hope the report comes online soon for you to nose at ehhe x

iwantmyownway
28-01-2010, 01:56 PM
We've got an 'outstanding' childminder near me. I read her report online and thought...it's a different person. I see her several times a week at toddler groups and in the past I have been to her house and she to mine for the children to play together and whilst her paperwork is excellent, the care and attitude she has towards the children leaves a lot to be desired. (Don't particularly like her at the mo as she's turned into a 2-faced so and so).
It annoys me a bit that she got a better grade than me when I know that really I'm a better childminder (I got good overall with 5 outstanding areas)

I think that sounds a tad like a green eyed monster and really think you should think about what you say before you post it on this forum.

iwantmyownway
28-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I am beginning to think that this forum is full of green eyed monsters who, if they were actually doing their job properly wouldnt have time to surf the net and worry what everyone else was doing! Ofsted are not silly and the whole inspection is not about paperwork. Stop worrying about others and do your job to the best of your ability - thats a good childminder

Pauline
28-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I am beginning to think that this forum is full of green eyed monsters who, if they were actually doing their job properly wouldnt have time to surf the net and worry what everyone else was doing! Ofsted are not silly and the whole inspection is not about paperwork. Stop worrying about others and do your job to the best of your ability - thats a good childminder

I think you should get to know the members before passing such a sweeping judgement :rolleyes:

Twinkles
28-01-2010, 08:36 PM

I feel I am doing my job properly ( as do Ofsted ! ) I have plenty of time to
' surf the net' !! It's called having a life.

Judgemental much ??

It's a small world
28-01-2010, 08:43 PM
without sounding harsh it has been said that some childminders have been 'saying that they got a certain grade higher than they actually have' although we shouldnt be concerned what others get and concentrateon mindees ...when someone get a mindee on the basis that they are saying they got a higher grade than in reality it could prevent us from gaining a potential mindee and may even result that child not being allowed to further their full learning potential. thats why it is annoying when people elaborate on their grades and why we are concerned...

sorry pauline not going to get into a debate about this just thought this should be said and sorry if i have spoken out of line :blush:

nannymcflea
28-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Can I just say that this is a very friendly site where people can come to get things off their chest, childminders who do fantastic jobs but do not always have the support they need or deserve, so this site is a sounding board and a very good one too.:clapping:

Welcome Iwantitmyownway.

polly0
28-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I agree with you nanny mclfea, sometimes its hard to have a moan at people that don't childmind because they don't really understand what your going through. Thats why i love our childminders support group because we can go there and support each other and YES have a bit of a moan occasionally knowing someone will understand:laughing:

Plus this forum, some of it can be getting things off your chest otherwise you would explode:angry: and i have found it to be a really helpful and friendly site:laughing: :laughing:

ajs
28-01-2010, 09:11 PM

sorry but who do you think you are making a judgement like that

and aren't you registered on here and therefore surfing the net.
i have been a member of this site for nearly 4 yrs and i can assure you there may be some people who come on to complain but in general this is a fantastic and very supportive site full of genuine and real friends.

oh and by the way i am not in the leadst bit jealous of my friends who achieved "outstanding" they earned it and although i may work just as hard as they do they obviously go that little bit further to earn their grading.

Pudding Girl
28-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Iwantitmyway - Assuming you are commenting on CMs posting here during working hours - I think you need to remember that not every CM is working 8-6 mon to fri - some have pters, some have free days, some have mindees asleep, some are unfortunately pretty empty right now.

I highly doubt that anyone here would have the chance to get online during the day otherwise.

Jessicasmummy
28-01-2010, 09:33 PM

I'm quietly laughing to myself...if i was doing my job properly i wouldnt have time to surf the net???? I feel i do my job well and to sit here on this site researching info when i'm not even working speaks for itself! I've learnt heaps on here in just a few days. How many other people spend their own personal time out of work reading all about their work! Us dedicated childminders do !!!

It's a small world
28-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm quietly laughing to myself...if i was doing my job properly i wouldnt have time to surf the net???? I feel i do my job well and to sit here on this site researching info when i'm not even working speaks for itself! I've learnt heaps on here in just a few days. How many other people spend their own personal time out of work reading all about their work! Us dedicated childminders do !!!

Without this forum and the help and advice of other childminders on here..I dont think I would be still doing this job.. as I am constantly reminded on courses etc....a childminder works alone and has no support unlike other occupations.. (I dont feel I am alone I have my forum friends - and I 'surf the net' when I have no mindees or in the evening...Without this forum I think alot of us will go mad. Sorry 'Iwantmyownway' I know you have been a minder for several years..but everyone on here is very supportive of each other to give advice or a shoulder to cry on...you have only been on here a short time..please take some time to get to know us all before judging us.

iwantmyownway
28-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Apologies to fellow CMs if my post caused offence. It was aimed @ people who surf the net (as in the Ofsted website) to check up on other CMs in their area nothing more. I think this forum is a fab site providing valuable help & info to CMs doing an excellent job. I agree, some CMs only work part time or look for support on the net when their mindees are sleeping & there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Imyself am guilty of that! It upsets me how many r so bothered about other CMs instead of just enjoying their job & doing it to the best of their ability. Keep enjoying what u do & strive to b the best that u can be x

iwantmyownway
29-01-2010, 10:18 AM
oh dear, its like office politics all over again ... I thought I'd escaped!:laughing: I think I'll stay out thanks!

sarahlou
29-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Hiya folks
Sorry i have caused a bit of friction, I dont post on her very often and this woman just got my back up, I know there are lots of people out there who are like her and im not jelous I just dont go round boasting about things i get on with my job

PS I think this site is great toooo:)

ajs
29-01-2010, 06:20 PM
oh dear, its like office politics all over again ... I thought I'd escaped!:laughing: I think I'll stay out thanks!

no it's not like office politics at all but if you make a controversial comment you have to accept that people won't like it will stand their own in an arguement.
i am surprised at how polite people have been to you actually, i know i have written and deleted many a reply to you.
all that and worked too wow the wonder of being a woman