Anyone see this last night?

:eek:

Chanelle
26-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I recorded it, will watch it later ... Was it shocking ? lol

Pudding Girl
26-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Just a bit :eek:

I can't believe a woman who made her name on the back of books advocating fresh ingredients etc went on to make ready meals for toddlers in the first place, never mind attmept to hide the amount of augar and salt added in, and some of her comments like oh I added salt because it makes it tastier...
She's really shot herself in the foot on this one I think

Blackhorse
26-01-2010, 03:42 PM
YES!!

there was another post about it last night too..

I was shocked to see her....
first I was shocked to hear about her products
secondly and even worse I found her attitude in the interview !!

I used to like her and I do have some recipe books...not sure why she would make meals like this though...puts me right off her

mamasheshe
26-01-2010, 03:43 PM
oooooooo I'll have to see if i can see it on catch up i've never been that keen on her only because i think young children should just eat the same dinner as everyone else or a slightly adapted version i've got one of her kids cookbooks and the big pictures are good but most of the recipes aren't as healthy as they could be.

Blackhorse
26-01-2010, 03:50 PM
should be this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qcl08/Panorama_Whats_Really_in_Our_Kids_Food/

Pudding Girl
26-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Have to admit though that I wasn't aware that day nurseries aren't regulated in the same way as schools are with regard to dinners. I know I am not regulated as such but in Scotland we are given guidance documents to aid us in meal planning and portion sizes etc.

And yes Annabel's attitude left a lot to be desired I thought too.

Blackhorse
26-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Have to admit though that I wasn't aware that day nurseries aren't regulated in the same way as schools are with regard to dinners. I know I am not regulated as such but in Scotland we are given guidance documents to aid us in meal planning and portion sizes etc.

And yes Annabel's attitude left a lot to be desired I thought too.

could you let me know where we are meant to get this guidance from? I am not sure I got anything...

Pudding Girl
26-01-2010, 05:23 PM
There's a green book from the FSA , will dig it out later, can't recall what it's called now :blush: also a pack Adventures in Foodland

Blackhorse
26-01-2010, 05:28 PM
There's a green book from the FSA , will dig it out later, can't recall what it's called now :blush: also a pack Adventures in Foodland

I tried to get adventures in foodland but after a couple of failed attempts I have up...need to try again as I completely forgot about it now

her8y
26-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I have just received an adventures in foodland pack ...and im in england!!

Blackhorse
26-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I have just received an adventures in foodland pack ...and im in england!!

could I ask you where you ordered it from pls?

Pudding Girl
27-01-2010, 08:54 AM
The info on how to get one is on the members part of SCMA website, but am no longer a member so I can't check it out for you sorry!

candy cat
27-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I was really shocked by this programme and like someone else said Annabel made her name and money by encouraging mums to cook from scratch and provide healthy meals.So why start a new line of convenience foods??? cx