PDA

View Full Version : boiler cover

beccas
24-01-2010, 09:12 PM
do anyof you have boiler breakdown cover and if so which one i def need to get some after todays experience.

sarah707
24-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh poor you!

I have the British Gas one - the service has always been excellent from them especially when i say there are children in the house :D

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/maintenance-and-repair.html

wendywu
24-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I have the British Gas one as well. It is such a peace of mind and they have always been very good. :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I have a local company and pay £60 for my service once a year. As long as it is done between April and October they guarantee to come out the day I call and fix it there and then or ASAP.

I have heard horror stories about BG but they are that - personal expeiriences that people have had.

I would ring around and get a quote

wendywu
25-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Does that price include labour and parts for any repair as well Debbie :eek:

Mind you as we have seen on here most heating problem happen when the weather gets colder and it has to work harder. Thats why they have taken those months out, as thats when they get busy :)

Cammie Doodle
25-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I was with a company for years for all breakdowns ie boiler electric plumbing etc, but they decided Childminders were too high a risk and cancelled all my cover :angry:
I asked on the Forum and a few C/M used British Gas, so I rang them told them I was C/M and was told "that is fine" They service the boiler every year at a time that suits me (this is included in my monthly fee)I have also now got my electrics covered by them, which was good as Hubby blew the main fuse :rolleyes: They were with me within the hour. Fantastic service :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
25-01-2010, 06:58 PM
We've just gone with BG as they have a special offer on at the mo and we've got everything covered for the same price as the basic cover.

beccas
25-01-2010, 07:07 PM
this doesnt matter now as i need a whole new boiler:panic: