PDA

View Full Version : ICP COURSE !!!??? Do they go through everything ??

funfunfun
24-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok so i have my 2nd day on tuesday where i will fill in forms etc .

I have been reading posts with regards to learning journals /daily diaries & how much everyone ssems to get behind with them :rolleyes:

I was wondering with regards to the Introduction to childmining practice ....
( i have done this course b4) but have forgot :eek:

Do they go through EVERYTHING with you with regards to paperwork/inc EYFS policies /fees /equipment etc

I think i have just gone into panic mode:idea: & am a little scared .

I have previouslly been registerd and chickend out sent my start up grant back but this was years ago now .

I really want to do it this time .....unhappy with my current jon and paying £200 a week in childcare myself at the moment .....Im sure when im all done i wil be fine .

Sorry Rant over :)

naomiesian
24-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I completed my course towards the end of last year and found myself utterly baffled when it came to all the paperwork, I have got nearly all of the information needed from the lovely,friendly and very helpful people on this site and from some fantastic ebooks sold on here that have helped make thing alot clearer. My advice would be dont panic, if there is anything you need to know or dont understand, ask them, if you dont feel comfortable asking them then the fantastic people on here always seem to have the right advice or can point you in the right direction. Wishing you all the best naomiesian xx

funfunfun
24-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Thankyou so much

I dont even no where to start with regards to paperwork tbh ......so much to do :eek:

Pipsqueak
24-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The way our ICP is delivered (I attend as I shadow the tutor) it is broken down into sections:
business
documentation
etc

also tagged onto the end for 4 weeks is SEF - going through how you may meet the requirements.

Kelly
25-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Everything you need to know should be covered, if its not or you are confused you should mention it to your tutor, others on your course may not have the info they need as well!

The exact format of the DHC (ICP) will depend on where you live

Good luck, if you don't get your answers on the course at least you know you will get them here!!

RachelG
28-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I have attended 2 sessions now of our chIP course (childminding introduction program) and its not like what I thought it would be...and its all crammed in to 6 3hr sessions:

Session 1 was all about Caring for Other People's Children. We went through (briefly) Professional skills, Legislation, EYFS, Portfolio Building, Settling In, What makes up the routine of the day, What do you need to think about before taking on a child, Partnership with parents, Confidentiality, Complaints Procedure, Risk Assessment.
We were then set coursework to write our Personal Info for our Portfolio, to complete a Risk Assessment on our house,and to write a complaints procedure.

Sessions 2 was Staying Sage and Being Healthy. We went through the Learning Agreement, EYFS Requirements (p23/24), Staying Safe, Reducing the risk of Cot Death, Equipment Safety Markings, Car Seat Safety, Environment, Fire Safety, Road Safety, Emergencies, Accidents, Incidents and Illnesses, Infectious Diseases, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, What is a balance diet, What foods to avoid, What to think about food wise, Menu Planner.
We were then set coursework to write an Emergency Policy/Evacuation Procedure and to write a Procedure for Illness and Infection.

Sessions 3 will be about Enjoying and Achieving (we will have to plan an activity linking the areas of learning and development covered to the EYFS)

Session 4 will be about Making a Positive Contribution (we will have to write an Inclusion Policy and a Behaviour Management policy)

Session 5 will be about Safegurading Children (we will have to write a Safeguarding Policy).

I don't know what Session 6 will involve! Hopefully towards marketing and a bit more on the EYFS!

funfunfun
29-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I know myn is in 2 6 hour sessions Crikey :eek:

so only 12 hours in total

beccas
29-01-2010, 03:01 PM
my sister who is startingcm (my assitant ) i starting hers next weekand its for 8 weeks 6.30 till 9pm every week . so thats about 20 hrs i think not good at maths:blush:

Mollymop
29-01-2010, 04:02 PM
When I did my ICP over 2 years ago they didn't really go into any detail about paperwork at all. They did mention the EYFS was coming into force but they never taught us anything about it. We had courses later on about it

I was lucky as I was a member of this forum before I started my ICP so I knew about most of the paperwork from reading posts on here....so stick with us, we'll help you the best we can