PDA

View Full Version : Ease of process?

Mum2Kyla
24-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi

Not sure if this is in the right section or not? But im in the early stages of starting to train as a childminder in Havering nd I just wondered if there was anyone else from the borough on the forum.

Also wondered how easy you found the process of becoming a childminder? (thats for anyone from any area)

Sam x

Pipsqueak
24-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I am not from your area so I'll bump this for you

francinejayne
25-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry I'm not from your area either, so I'll reply to the second question!!!

So far I think (hope!) that I'm managing to keep on top of what I need to be doing and am understanding most things! There's lots to do in order to be registered and up and running, but this forum has been invaluable for me. I've also met up with a few local experienced childminders who have been lovely to me and have answered my questions along the way. And there's a group of us who are going through the registration process together, I'm hoping we will keep in touch and support each other.

My advice would be go for it, and ask on hereif you need help!

68nic
25-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi

Not sure if this is in the right section or not? But im in the early stages of starting to train as a childminder in Havering nd I just wondered if there was anyone else from the borough on the forum.

Also wondered how easy you found the process of becoming a childminder? (thats for anyone from any area)

Sam x

Hi Sam
Ive left you a message on one of my last posts.Im from Collier Row,Romford.
Nic

RachelG
31-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi, I'm not from your area but I can answer the 2nd Q.

i was told that its a lot of paperwork etc before I signed up but my....there's more than I ever imagined there to be! I can't quite get my head round the EYFS....I think its the way its written....but this site has been good. I am seriously panicking over my Ofsted reg visit and I haven't even got a date yet! lol.

(PS...love your name....my daughter is called Kyla also! lol)