PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Pre reg inspection is booked!

Vyx
23-01-2010, 08:58 PM
:eek:

OK Vyx, take a deep breath and don't panic! LOL

Pre reg inspection is scheduled for Monday 1st of Feb. Mrs Ofsted rand earlier today, she sounded really nice tbh.

So I'll start the OCD stylie cleaning tomorrow :eek:

There are that many things running my head right now! Do I have to have the car insurance changed prior to the visit or just prior to minding?

Many thanks

xx

beccas
23-01-2010, 09:01 PM
i would make a list of things you are going to do or buy to show them but have i woul dtry and get some done and maybe put a tick next to some you have done to show her you haven't just sat and wrote for her comming iyswim

Vyx
23-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Yep Becca, defo swym. I have lots of lists and notes but will prolly make a new list. If I start thumbing through a few hundered post-it notes and loose pages she might think I'm a bit nuts LOL

sarah707
23-01-2010, 09:25 PM
You do not need insurance in place... just knowing it has to be done is enough!

You know you'll be fine don't you? :D

miffy
23-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Good luck - you've a whole week to get ready! :D

Miffy xx

Vyx
24-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks again Sarah. I was a bit loathe to have to pay for extra insurance during the CRB waiting period. I hope I'll be OK :blush:

Yeah it feels like ages to prepare (done loads of prep already but this is like the GO in ready, set, go lol) and yet I know this week will fly by.

So working on RAs today.

Thanks everybody for your help and encouragement.

xx

smithya85
30-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Goodluck for monday!!

Let us know how you get on!

Amy x

RachelG
30-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Good Luck for Monday!! Do you have everything ready??

I am sending my Reg pack off on Monday (been waiting for a referee to confirm).... and then I'll be doing the OCD lol.

You'll have to let us know what Q's she asks....I am really dreading the inspection bit!!

francinejayne
30-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Aw good luck, you'll be fine. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to panic too much, my inspection was fine. As long as you've filled in the book and read up a bit you'll be OK. But you'd better get cleaning quick, it's not long til Mrs ofsted will be knocking at your grubby front door!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mumof1
31-01-2010, 12:37 AM
just wana say good luck, and keep us posted on how u get on :thumbsup:

MrsT333
31-01-2010, 08:30 AM
good luck to you :thumbsup:

It's a small world
31-01-2010, 08:40 AM
You don't need to have everything in place as long as you know what you need to do before you are up and running and can tell her wgat you need to do. If you forget anything she will tell you. Remember they are Hunan and there to help you not judge you. Don't panic I went crazy didn't sleep and hardly are for a week I know it's easy to say now but really its not that bad. I got some good help from my visit. Have you done your pre reg question form thing? As long as you can tell her what you need to do you will be fine good luck and don't panic !

Vyx
31-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys.

Well, hubby finally got round to all the little childminding related DIY bits and bobs yesterday :) and we have both been cleaning today. Have left myself the tidying and dusting of living room for tomorrow though, she is not coming until 1pm and I will drive myself totally crazy watching the clock unless I have something to do.

I keep reminding myself that hundreds of childminders have flown through their pre reg inspection without the benefit of having already done the ICP :)

Will admit to having taken a few Kalms though because I know my mind will not shut up tonight on its own to let me sleep *grin*

Hopefully I will be updating tomorrow afternoon with a big smile :)

Vyx

xx

sarah707
31-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Of course you will!

Just get some sleep now :D

Gizmo
31-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Deep breath and calm down
My cdo mentioned the tax advert you know tax doesnt have to be taxing
She reckons neither does cming and paperwork or inspections
go and have a nice bath and a wee glass of wine but not the whole bottle you dont want a hangover :thumbsup:

SparklingGems
01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Just wanna wish you luck for today It is honestly very informal and anything your unsure of she will clarify it.

I did my DHC1 before the EYFS kicked in and i still managed to get through my inspection no probs

Vyx
01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well, 3 hours and 20 minutes later and I'm all done :laughing:

She was absolutely lovely and I had a very enjoyable afternoon. She has given us the full allowance of 6 under 8s and 2 very easy actions. She was pleased with what we had done to the house in terms of safety and the measures we had implemented with regards to the dogs and the parrots.

So yeah, I am a very happy bunny!

Many thanks for all of the help and encouragement guys, I really do appreciate it, and I couldn't have done it without you!

Vyx

xx

Minstrel
01-02-2010, 04:51 PM
:clapping: Glad it went well! Didn't we tell you it would! :clapping: