PDA

View Full Version : help i need an activity and fast!

rachb82
23-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi ladies, was wondering if you could possibly help. i have to attend a homebased childcare course tomorrow night and they have requested that i bring along an activity that i could use whilst childminding. i know this sounds very vague but i need ideas for something simple yet affective to show the rest of the group.

i hope someone can help

thanks again

beccas
23-01-2010, 08:15 PM
take a wooden spoon and tin or pan heuristic play
put oil and water in a bottle with glitter
take playdough everyone loves that no matter what their age

has it got to be a specific actvitiy

atmkids
23-01-2010, 08:21 PM
A paper plate fish - cut a triangle out of one side of a paper plate and stick it to the opposite side to make a tail. Then add a googly eye and some shiny coloured circles to decorate. Really easy and looks good.

Monkey1
23-01-2010, 08:37 PM
The discovery bottle that Beccas suggested is a fab idea..........quick and easy.........keeps them occupied for ages. or try one with hair gel and marbles.............loads of opportunities for fantastic conversation for little ones!

beccas
23-01-2010, 08:45 PM
monkey what a idea never thought of that one hairgel and marbels!!!

i di one with food colouring water and oil and teh oil took on a lighter colour that the water the kids loved them they would shake them up and then watch them separate.

miffy
23-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Like the discovery bottle ideas - thank you ladies!

Miffy xx

beccas
23-01-2010, 10:06 PM
i always new i was a wealth of untaped knowledge :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
23-01-2010, 10:09 PM
i always new i was a wealth of untaped knowledge :laughing: :laughing:

Untaped???????

Do you mean untapped? :)

Hey, I like all these ideas - it's good to share :D

Miffy xx

beccas
23-01-2010, 10:13 PM
yes but like i said i am now tapped:laughing:

carlen222
23-01-2010, 11:38 PM
fantastic ideas with the bottles!!!! i only look after little ones just now, they loved the 'bottled fireworks' i made in november-water and coloured glitter (the stuff thats roughly cut) so i know they would just love the hair gell and marbles and water/oil!!! cheers guys!!! xx