PDA

View Full Version : inspection visit.

Shawnee
23-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi, not sure if im in the right thread but i need to ask a question! underneath my stairs is my electricity meter etc and its open to the rest of the hallway its just a big gap. would i have to do something to cover it up? like panel it? or put a door on it? or would it be ok if i stored my pram etc under there, so no kids could get under there anyway?? please help!! :(

beccas
23-01-2010, 02:49 PM
is this your pre reg visit. if it is leave it and ask them when they come tell them you will put buggy infront of it etc that way you know for sure.

Shawnee
23-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi, yes it is my pre reg visit. thanks for helping me, i was getting in a flap about what i should do! ive been panicking for a while now lol i cant sleep properly!!! :blush:

Shawnee
25-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi another question!! i have pebble gravel in my back garden, the pebbles are between 1/2 inch to 1 inch. so theyre not small. would it be best to get rid of them or will ofsted be ok with them? my LO is ok walking on it, but im not sure what ofsted will think. someone please help!!!!!! :(

Tink
25-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Again ask the inspector but you cannot get rid of everything in your house and garden, you just need to make sure the children are supervised and you carry out your risk assessments

ben&jerrys
25-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I agree ^
I think it's best you carry out risk assessments, but i don't think the pebbles will affect your ofsted inspection
Good luck :)

singlewiththree
25-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I have pebbles and ofsted were fine with it. As for the meter I was told to have a door and a lock on it.

suez
25-01-2010, 01:04 PM
i was told the same about the meter cupboard, but the gravel in back garden i was told id have to get rid of,in case little 1s swallowed any....id missed off my garden in my 1st risk ass and she asked me about my rotary line and my gravel at side of the back door, she told me it would be a good idea to get rid of it :(

Shawnee
26-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone, thnx for the advice. i guess ill have to sort those changes! its mad all the stuff you have to think about, and i keep coming across daft stuff that im worried ill have to change lol im not sure this is good for my health!!1 :laughing:

It's a small world
26-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi

The actual meter has a cover on it doesnt it.Its your hallway/stairs that are open?

It sounds like your house is similar to mine. Under my stairs is my meter and then the hall way all open with doors leading to dining room, living room, kitchen and downstairs toilet. I have taped my meter and then have large boxes full of toys as this is where I store them . Boxes contain heavy items so little ones can not pull them away from out under the stairs (i get them out each morning before mindees arrive (boxes just cover bottom of meter.My toys are changed on a rota so always a box under stairs.Anyway had pre pre and first inspection and never been questioned on it..hth

kerrys
26-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi another question!! i have pebble gravel in my back garden, the pebbles are between 1/2 inch to 1 inch. so theyre not small. would it be best to get rid of them or will ofsted be ok with them? my LO is ok walking on it, but im not sure what ofsted will think. someone please help!!!!!! :(

I have stones as well and I had an inspection in July as Id moved hose and they werent a problem for me I just told the inspector the little ones were always supervised but she didnt ask, good luck

Chell
26-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, the inspector wll advise you if you need to make changes. I was told that if I use upstairs then I should put a hand rail on the wall of the stair case as we don't have one.

Shawnee
26-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi

The actual meter has a cover on it doesnt it.Its your hallway/stairs that are open?

It sounds like your house is similar to mine. Under my stairs is my meter and then the hall way all open with doors leading to dining room, living room, kitchen and downstairs toilet. I have taped my meter and then have large boxes full of toys as this is where I store them . Boxes contain heavy items so little ones can not pull them away from out under the stairs (i get them out each morning before mindees arrive (boxes just cover bottom of meter.My toys are changed on a rota so always a box under stairs.Anyway had pre pre and first inspection and never been questioned on it..hth

Hi, yes my house is like yours except i store my monster of a pram underneath mine, so the meter is blocked. It sounds like everyone has had different experiences i guess ill wait and see what my inspector says about it. Thnx everyone, your all soooo helpful! its like a mental gold mine lol :thumbsup: