PDA

View Full Version : What do you reckon my chances are?

LittleAcorns
22-01-2010, 11:34 PM
I have a couple of sets of parents wanting to change days around as they are returning to work

one day a week form 8am - 12pm I would have .....
F 17months
M 12 months
P 10 months -
L 10 months -I have a variation to take care or P&L as they are twins

The actual taking care of them all and meeting their needs isnt a problem as a lot of the kiddies I look after are small (ie i look after 2x 8 months and a 14 month old at the mo

My question is the safety side....if there was any reason we all had to get out quick would they consider letting me if I could demonstrate that I had a plan..........

Im going to apply for a variation anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any experience as its 4 under 5yrs (or should I say 4 under 2 years lol)

any hints and tips pretty please xx

TheBTeam
23-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I think all you can do is try, it is still continuity of care for the same children, so as long as you can demonstrate safety as well as equipment/resources to meet their needs, then it is only for a short while one day a week.

miffy
23-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow - 4 under 2, you deserve a medal!!!!

I think you need to put together an evacuation plan showing how you'd get them all out of the house safely if you needed to.

If you show Ofsted you've got everything covered they may grant the variation

Good luck

Miffy xx

BeckenhamCM
24-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi :-)

Just wanted to say that I don't see why it should be a problem, I look after 4 children aged 3.5 yrs, 19 months, 2 x 15 months. I applied to look after that many when I orignally applied to start childminding so I don't see why it should be any different for you.

Ash x