PDA

View Full Version : Childminder support

Sarah41
22-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi, I registered in November and I've heard lots of people have mentors or supporters who help them in those first heady days of CM. Is this normal? I've never had one, but like the sound of someone to bounce ideas off (though this forum is excellent for idea bouncing of course). xxx

tashaleee
22-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I think it depends in the area of the country you live in. We have them in our area and ive been doing support/mentoring since it started and I think it can be really useful. Have you looked in your area to see if anything is available?

mama2three
23-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Ive never met my support minder! i rely on everyone here and a good friend who also happens to be an outstanding minder. Have got my dw coming out next fri to see how 'ready' (or not) i am for an ofsted inspection. Think ill mention the lack of support to her , after all the support minder is getting extra money for doing nothing! and the next minder she is meant to be 'looking after' may not be so lucky as i am to have people to keep me on track.

christine e
23-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Ive never met my support minder! i rely on everyone here and a good friend who also happens to be an outstanding minder. Have got my dw coming out next fri to see how 'ready' (or not) i am for an ofsted inspection. Think ill mention the lack of support to her , after all the support minder is getting extra money for doing nothing! and the next minder she is meant to be 'looking after' may not be so lucky as i am to have people to keep me on track.

Hi

I'm a support childminder Kath and I really think you should mention this to your DW - has she not even made telephone contact? Are you coming to the music workshop on Tuesday? If so will talk to you more about this then.

Cx