PDA

View Full Version : planning and obs

hev
22-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi there, i have been register since september so must be due a visit soon from cc, i need to get my head around planning and obs. what do yous all do for this as i am really sruggling? I have polices, permission forms,contracts, photos with whats happening on them, daily diaries, what else will i need for first inspection? i really feel useless at this. Also i gave 3 different parents a small questionaire only 1 has returned it, i keep asking with no response what do i do? i know cc are looking for evidence of working with parents, what do i do if i am working with them but there not working with me!! I am really beginning to think is it worth the hassle. I do know all the kids i have love coming xx help please xx

jumpinjen
22-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I document quick conversations with parents in my planning, for example, have had tantrum issues recently with one little one, disussed it with mum at pick up time, then noted down the main points in my planning and added it in for the following week..... photocopying that and adding to SEF or just signposting Ofsted to it is sufficient!

jenni:)

sarah707
23-01-2010, 09:30 AM
You need to read chapter 4 of the e-book I'm going to re-send to you as soon as you email me! :laughing:

In Scotland it's a matter of keeping brief notes about the child's progression - but this is not statutory, it is good practice.

Parents love to see photo albums, so that is something you could consider.

Pop in the photo and write a few notes about what the child was doing / saying.

If you share them with parents it's great for showing working in partnership as well. :D

Gizmo
24-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a folder that I do weekly (when I remember) and this has a pic of what we do every day and a couple of lines of text, it is a wee bit of work to keep it up but I really like doing it and my parents love it, havent been inspected yet but have Sarahs book and it is fantastic :thumbsup:
I also go to a cm group 4 mornings a week and their help has been fantastic I took my folder down to let them see it and a few of them are nicking my idea :clapping: