PDA

View Full Version : no planning..

v 1461
22-01-2010, 12:31 PM
hi,

Don't know if I do things right??
I do lots of obs and use the age grid.
I don't do planning. We do have a routine with play group, lunch, sleep, play..
but I don't do long or short planning.
I write about 1 obs every 10 days and try to fill the grid with them.
As my children are 16 and 18 months old I just see what they 'd like to play with on the day and don't do themes or plan!!

Is that bad or not??
( parents do get a daily diary)
thank you

mama2three
22-01-2010, 12:34 PM
do you do next steps with the obs? if so then these are your planning in effect! - how you are moving the child on to the next level.

v 1461
22-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I try to do next steps. Sometimes I find it hard to find some..
thank you for your reply

jumpinjen
22-01-2010, 12:58 PM
As long as Ofsted can see that you know where the children are and where you are going with them next and how you will do it then you are fine!!

jenni:)

PaulaR
22-01-2010, 01:10 PM
You could have some monthy themes. Have something written down somewhere but say that you follow the kids leads and interests which is what they want us to do anyway

carlen222
22-01-2010, 07:13 PM
sounds good to me!! though im in scotland so we dont have to do all the stuff you guys have to do, though i know it would be good practice for me to do it but dont know what this framework is you all talk about x

sarah707
23-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Your routines are your planning! To start with that's the most important for children to get used to.

Then as you go along you can show that every day you have a reading session or a song and dance... that's planning too!

Then you think about what John likes to do and get out some toys for John - that's his individual planning.

Then the group gets interested in minibeasts and you find some relevant books and get out the binoculars or magnifying glasses - that's your group planning started!

It comes together as you do it... you just need to write down brief notes :D