PDA

View Full Version : ive got my pre-reg on wed

emmaalex
10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi. I got the call this morning for my pre-reg visit. It is this wednesday and i cant believe how quickly they have called. I only sent my forms off last monday.

Im so nervous. I dont have everything ready like my policies and procedures. My house isnt fully child proof at the moment either with having the xmas decorations up.

does any one have any advice that will help me please. I will be very grateful.

Thanks Emma.

Polly2
10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi Emma

That was quick wasn't it!

Please don't panic - the pre-reg visit is so they can tell you what you need to have in place so you should be fine.

I asked my inspecter loads of questions too - they should be there to help so don't worry

All the best for Wed

Hollyx

angeldelight
10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi Emma

If you take a look here you will pick up some good ideas

http://childminding.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=starting

If you are still stuck then give us a shout and we can give you some help

Good luck on Wednesday let us know how it goes

Love Angel xx

Minnie Minx
10-12-2007, 12:44 PM
great advice from holly and angel, i just want to wish you luck for wednesday but i'm sure you will be fine

xxx

jmoff
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, don't panic! You dont need your policies yet!
Just read through standards

Good luck

Jana

Spangles
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't worry about any of that Emma, it's really not a problem.

Just make sure you are aware of the standards and what they say and explain that you are in the process of getting your policies together, let her/him know you know what they will be and do a risk assessment of your home and garden outlining what childproofing you are going to do.

It will be fine honestly. It's a meeting to make sure you are okay to be a childminder and that you are aware of what needs to be done - you don't have to have it done already.

Please don't worry.

SARAHW26
10-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Emma

I have had mine this morning and it went really well, i spent a lot of time doing my house up and making sure it was ready for her to see, but I didn't need to at all, as she just asked me questions about the standards and what I was going to do with the children.
Hope this helps and good luck

Sarah

Spangles
10-12-2007, 01:29 PM
(Glad to hear it went well Sarah.) :)

carolinel
10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Emma

Good luck for Wednesday, you'll be fine - do not worry!

Sarahw26 - well done, hope they process everything quickly for you!

emmaalex
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
it has come really quick. i wasnt expecting a call till after xmas.

thank you everyone for ur advice and support. it has really helped. i will post a thread on how i went afterwards.

speak to u all soon. Emma.

deeb66
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Good luck Emma

I am sure you will be fine and everything will go ok

samw
10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Good Luck for Wednesday!!

Sam x

emmylou
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Emma

Good luck for Wednesday although it is nothing to worry about. Like the others have said they are mainly there to help and advise you. Just read through the standards a few times and you will be fine.

emma x:)

kaz1501
10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Good luck for wednesday, Emma. I am in the same boat as you, I have my pre reg on wednesday too at 2pm :eek:

lets hope we both get a great big thumbs up! :thumbsup:

take care
Karen

Mollymop
11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
good luck karen and emma for Wed!!! I should be getting mine after xmas, only got the forms yesturday.

sandra xxx

deb24
17-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Luck,I have got mine today will let you know how it goes.I'm so nervous.I did have nice long nails until now LOL