PDA

View Full Version : Booking hotel for Manchester Early years Exhib

ajs
20-01-2010, 09:58 PM
24th April

i am happy to book some rooms but need definate numbers by the end of january
but beware if you say yes you're coming, and i book you a room then you will need to fill that space yourself or pay for it, if you decide not to come for whatever reason.

i am taking my 2 daughters they are 16 and 15, they will join us for the exhibition and the meal afterwards but won't be joining us for the party in the room later.

it is a great day out and we have a really good laugh afterwards, it doesn't have to be too expensive either.

Bushpig
20-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Mands, I would have thought of coming with the other half, sounds like fun and would love to meet your daughters, but we are going to see Jeff Dunham at the 02 arena that night... timing aaaaaarrrrghh!

Heaven Scent
21-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Jurys seems to be the best value and is in close proximity to the exhibition centre its £81.00 per room B&B for a maximum of 2 adults per room it is also a flexible booking - there is a cheaper rate of £57 but that is not a flexible rate I presume that flexible means you get a full refund if you cancel - Breakfast is also NOT included in this cheaper rate and to be honest you would not get any sort of decent breakfast outside the hotel in this area of Manchester for £7.50pp.

Please bear in mind that unlike Premier Inns payment is required at the time of booking - If anyone can find anywhere that offers a better rate the please feel free to post their findings.

Mandy did everyone book their own rooms for Nottingham? We booked our own room but we were a bit behind everyone else I think - If we opt for Jurys - as payment is required at the time of booking I think it would be a bit risky for you to book rooms on behalf of others in case they can't make it and have to cancel - I think phone calls to their reservation dept may be wise before we do anything.

Its a shame that the Palace where you all stayed last year is so much more expensive this year - i wonder if they would be open to negociation if someone who stayed there last year were to call reservations direct??? I will try to find time to call Premier Inns in the next day or two to see if we can book rooms for just Sat night - if anyone else wants to try please feel free and post their reply on here.

I don't know if there is anything else on in manchester that week-end, there was last year.