PDA

View Full Version : planning...

viki-kate
20-01-2010, 11:31 AM
so... when we do our planning we do a long term plan with themes or whatever, then a medium term plan, then what...? do we do a weekly plan then make it personal to each child from there...? or can we just make it personal from the medium term plan...?
and do you all keep it in one activity folder, or do you put the plans that you have personalised in the L.J or childs folder...?
probs silly questions... but... brain freeze!! thanks... x

Tink
20-01-2010, 12:52 PM
How old are your mindees?

Mine are only 2 so I only plan for their individual interests.

Ofsted thought this was great.

I don't have children every day of the week either so weekly planning wouldn't work for me

sarah707
20-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Your yearly planning covers festivals, celebrations, things that are happening in the child's life like birthdays...

Your week by week planning is individual, for the child and his interests and needs.

You can also do group planning following things that interest groups of children on subjects such as pets, road safety, minibeasts in the summer etc.

What you need to remember is that you must show how you tailor that planning to each child.

I keep my group planning in a big file along with all kinds of information about planning through the year.

I keep my individual planning in the child's file with obs etc.

Hth :D