PDA

View Full Version : Retainers

20-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I have got a mum coming to see me soon about a possible full time placement in September. I have reserved spaces before and then been let down last minute so want to make sure that this doesn't happen again. Plus I am concerned about booking up on of my full time spaces so early in the year but not getting any payments until the September.

So my question is........do any of you charge retainers for this sort of thing and if so, how much????

Chanelle
20-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Hiya

I have the same problem. I have parents who want care for their children in September but am obviouslly going to lose cash in the mean time which I cant afford to do. I will be charging a retainer for a parent from Monday coming, through to September Term.

I will keep this place open for the child should the parent want to use the place. I am going to charge 50% fees for every week from now until September even though the place is for term time only ( which all my children are!)
Hope this helps. :)

Not sure if I charge full fee if the child does come though ... would like a bit of advise from sdomeone regarding this. :)

KAZBAZ55
20-01-2010, 11:21 AM
HI
HAVE ONLY JUST STARTED CHILDMINDING & ALTHOUGH I CANT HELP YOU (SORRY) I'M VERY INTERESTED WHAT EXPERIENCED CHILDMINDERS WOULD DO IN THIS SITUATION. ITS REALLY HARD AS SOMEONE COULD COME TO YOU IN SAY APRIL & WANT TO START IMMEDIATELY BUT YOU MAYBE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM PLACE AS IT IS RESERVED FOR SEPTEMBER. YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY CHARGE THEM SOMETHING I THINK. YOU MAY LOSE OUT ALOT OTHERWISE X:littleangel:

littletreasures
20-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I have a little one starting full time in May.

They are paying me a half fee retainer to keep the place. Mum came with baby for a cup of tea last week and said would it be possible for baby to come to me for 5 days over March and April. I am going to use these as settling in periods and won't charge them the extra fee.

I felt they are paying me enough in retainer to cover this.

suzyblue
21-01-2010, 03:52 PM
If you are holding a space and it is available now then charge a retainer but if the space isnt available until, say, Easter and they want it for Sept, then charge a retainer from Easter to Sept.