PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming Friday - I actually cried!!

vix84
19-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Hiya,
I have recently moved house, I have ds who is a Mummies boy has me up in the night and doesnt let me have much time to do paperwork etc. 3 weeks ago I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks, and I am now waiting to find out if I am pregnant again ................... so today I got the call for an inspection on Friday, so I put the phone down and cried!! And think I may cry again tonight!

So I have good policies etc. but have only penciled in the changes I need to make, as we dont have Word on our computers so I cant ammend anything! I cant print anything I used previously .................. havent done a SEF, and dont have time to, Ive made a last list of final things to do - still have minor stuff to do to the house etc. Its a friggin nightmare!

So the one thing I need to refresh on is safeguarding ........... where do I find the website about who to contact if I have a concern, I dont have the time tonight to try to find it, hoping it will appear easily.

Im soo stressed :panic:

sarah707
19-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Download a free 60 day trial of Microsoft Word here -

http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/trialukireland/default.aspx?culture=en-GB

Or try Open Office - it's free and you can convert files from Word to OO to Word again.

Don't worry about the SEF at this stage, get other stuff done and updated.

Hth xx

Trouble
19-01-2010, 07:01 PM
weve all cried too when they said they were coming

take sarahs advice:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ritaroo
19-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I am not surprised you cried sounds like you have enough going on without this too.

I was completely panicking about my inspection last week but needn't have worried as inspector was very reasonable and helpful. Hope you get one of those too.

There is a booklet on safeguarding on the NCMA website that may help called "Safeguarding Children - a guide for childminders and nannies". You can print it off. When Mrs O asks you abou it say that if you have concerns about a child you will take advice from Local Safeguarding Children Board(not just called Social Workers anymore). There is also a government booklet called "what to do if you are worried a child is being abused" which you can download from internet as well.

Good luck for Friday hope it goes well.:thumbsup:

vix84
19-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I am not surprised you cried sounds like you have enough going on without this too.

I was completely panicking about my inspection last week but needn't have worried as inspector was very reasonable and helpful. Hope you get one of those too.

There is a booklet on safeguarding on the NCMA website that may help called "Safeguarding Children - a guide for childminders and nannies". You can print it off. When Mrs O asks you abou it say that if you have concerns about a child you will take advice from Local Safeguarding Children Board(not just called Social Workers anymore). There is also a government booklet called "what to do if you are worried a child is being abused" which you can download from internet as well.

Good luck for Friday hope it goes well.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I just feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that has happenned in the last few weeks, always happens at once!

I have a website address from the actual EYFS site about safeguarding, but didnt know where to find info on the local one to me. Will look into it.

Thanks for your help - am off for an early night and good cry to get it out my system!

vix84
19-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Found the form for safeguarding numbers - phew!!

miffy
19-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Why don't you ring the inspector and explain what's happened recently and ask them to put off your inspection for a while - you sound as though you've enough to deal with atm without this.

Miffy xx

vix84
19-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Why don't you ring the inspector and explain what's happened recently and ask them to put off your inspection for a while - you sound as though you've enough to deal with atm without this.

Miffy xx

Thanks, but Id probably feel the same even if everything else hadnt happened recently anyway - it just makes me cry a bit more easily lol, which isnt a bad thing!

Its my own fault for not keeping on top of the paperwork, and I still havent fully got my head around the EYFS, so would be nice to know what I have to do so will appreciate her comments.

The main problem is working 8 till 6 and then having to put ds to bed and be up 5 or 6 times in the night, so paperwork comes last ...... am going to mention briefly that at some points I feel like throwing in the towel as I get myself all worked up trying to get it all right and do too much paperwork and just see what she recommends on doing and not doing, to keep me sane and stop me throwing in the towel!

Will update Friday - then Ill hopefully put my feet up!!

miffy
19-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Good luck for Friday then - hope all goes well :)

Miffy xx

Zoomie
19-01-2010, 10:23 PM
:group hug: :group hug:

Just do yourself a list, priotise it and you'll be fine for Ofsted.

Good luck and let us know how you get along :)

vix84
20-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the good luck wished ...... feeling much calmer now - have got out everything to show her, the learning journals and got in new stock of hand gels/tissues/gloves/accident forms because typically this week I am running low on all of them!

Will let you know how I get on:)

viky
20-01-2010, 10:11 PM
goog luck for friday had my ofsted today, was a bit worried but the lady was nice just be yourself and explain that your have had some problems and say what you think you need to do to improve on this will show her that you know what your doing :)

vix84
22-01-2010, 01:20 PM
That went really well :clapping: Got an overall Good again - although last time I got Outstanding in some area's and those havent changed much, but she said the gradings have changed so my Good this time is better than my Good 'pre-Ofsted'.

She was really relaxed and friendly, I didnt mention the miscarriage or anything as I was a bit disorganised before, so it only added to it, didnt cause it ........... I just said I was ill over Christmas and dont have Word at the moment and she was happy with everything.
Just need to get a sheet to show how Im meeting the overall learning, which I can get from local early years, and also to share the learning jouneys with parents as I havent yet!

Thanks for all the support and help, would be lost without this forum and Sarahs help!

sarah707
22-01-2010, 01:29 PM
That went really well :clapping: Got an overall Good again - although last time I got Outstanding in some area's and those havent changed much, but she said the gradings have changed so my Good this time is better than my Good 'pre-Ofsted'.

She was really relaxed and friendly, I didnt mention the miscarriage or anything as I was a bit disorganised before, so it only added to it, didnt cause it ........... I just said I was ill over Christmas and dont have Word at the moment and she was happy with everything.
Just need to get a sheet to show how Im meeting the overall learning, which I can get from local early years, and also to share the learning jouneys with parents as I havent yet!

Thanks for all the support and help, would be lost without this forum and Sarahs help!

I was thinking about you all morning!

Congratulations! :clapping:

Gherkin
22-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Congratulations on your GOOD grade. You can now breath a sigh of relief and try and relax a bit.

LittleAcorns
22-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Well done on doing so well, you've had loads to deal with and you should be very proud of the outcome of your inspection particularly under so much pressure xx

Trouble
22-01-2010, 02:16 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

all done now:D

relax :thumbsup:

Ritaroo
22-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Really glad it all went well :clapping: You can relax now.

jumpinjen
22-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh well done, that is a relief, you can relax now!! How old is your son, can you try to get his sleeping a bit more settled now.... you can't go on without sleep like that, you'll never feel energetic whilst that is ahppening every night bless him!!

jenni:)

vix84
22-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh well done, that is a relief, you can relax now!! How old is your son, can you try to get his sleeping a bit more settled now.... you can't go on without sleep like that, you'll never feel energetic whilst that is ahppening every night bless him!!

jenni:)

Max is 19 months now, and is much better, our good nights are him waking up twice and having a quick drink and reassurance Im around then straight back to sleep.
I dont like to leave him just crying it out, so just hope he will grow out of it.
Hes in a bed, as he hates cots, so we have a travel cot in his room and if he doesnt lay down and go to sleep then he goes in there for time out, but still doesnt stop him waking every so often

beccas
22-01-2010, 08:48 PM
:clapping: well done you

jelly15
22-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Congratulations on your grade, very pleased for you:)

BeckenhamCM
22-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Well done on your grade, I'm glad it went well for you :-)

Ash x

miffy
27-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Congratulations - glad it went well for you :clapping:

Miffy xx

lizzymoonshine
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Congratulations, glad it went well. :)