PDA

View Full Version : ideas please for 'all about me' topic

PaulaR
19-01-2010, 01:12 PM
hello, I did 'all about me' last year but chinese new year was earlier last year so some of the month was taken up with that. So this year I don't have enough ideas for the whole month.
We are drawing round ourselves, on lining paper. We have painted using baker ross people sponges. I have done some 'mlti cultural people' cutting from avitvity village and I am running short of ideas.
Any one got any ideas for me?
thanks,
Paula

TheBTeam
19-01-2010, 01:34 PM
You could get them to draw themselves, look in a mirror describe what they see or draw from it.

You could extend to cover their family, do they have brothers or sisters, pets etc

Counting how many of each thing they have, how do they use them ie hands legs/knees etc.

Are we the same as our friends, taller, shorter, draw round and measure etc.

ORKSIE
19-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I did a family Tree.

Used the childs hand and arm to make tree. The leaves had the names of peolpe in the the home Eg Mummy, Daddy, Bro's, Sis names. etc.
:thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
19-01-2010, 01:40 PM
You could ask parenst to bring in photos of them at different ages and talk about them. Maybe you could print a few of them for them to cut out and stick on paper/ask parents if they ahve any they dont mind the children cutting up Discussions about what they like/dislike and see if they can draw them.

I wouldnt worry too muchabout not doing things linked to the topic all the time

PaulaR
19-01-2010, 02:07 PM
thank you for the ideas, I like the mirror idea.
All the ideas will work with 3/4 year olds. I don't know what to do with the younger ones?

avril
19-01-2010, 02:42 PM
With younger ones could cutting and sticking of pictures of things they like - food, toys, places (parks, beaches etc...)

Cammie Doodle
19-01-2010, 02:45 PM
thank you for the ideas, I like the mirror idea.
All the ideas will work with 3/4 year olds. I don't know what to do with the younger ones?

What about hand/ foot prints for the little ones? also take photos of the children, laminate them and stick them down low where the littlies can see and touch them.

Chell
19-01-2010, 02:49 PM
HOw about looking at the Funny Bones story and talking about what is inside our bodies.

francinejayne
19-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I did a family Tree.

Used the childs hand and arm to make tree. The leaves had the names of peolpe in the the home Eg Mummy, Daddy, Bro's, Sis names. etc.
:thumbsup:

OH THAT'S A LOVELY IDEA THAT I MIGHT PINCH!!! :laughing:

bibi571
19-01-2010, 03:40 PM
To get some parental involment you could have a guess the baby competion? If the parents bring in some really little baby pictures, the parents could try to guess which baby is which. You could get the parents to bring in a parent baby picture and guess the parent competition too? That would be really funny - lol. The kids would like their parents being involved. Are you involving what they eat as you could do inside their bodies too and involve healthy eating too? Healthy food comes into that too. Trying different foods, mood food, you could involve the family too. New foods the family have tried. Foods the kids have tried with you. Food events, fruit kebabs, making their own food. You could give them stickers if they try a new food, my parents are thrilled if kids eat a new food, and you could keep a board of all the foods you've tried in a week.

Don't know if that's the wrong tangent or not, but how some of that helps. b

bibi x :littleangel:

bibi571
19-01-2010, 03:41 PM
OH THAT'S A LOVELY IDEA THAT I MIGHT PINCH!!! :laughing:

I like that too, you could put pets and comfort things too, my LO has a special toy called 'baba' we could put that on too!

Bibi :littleangel:

carlen222
19-01-2010, 03:51 PM
the hand tree is a great idea!! cheers!!! xx

TheBTeam
19-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Could you cut up a photo of each little one a bit like a 2/3 piece jigsaw and get them to stick it back together.

Look in a mirror with them and point out their noses, eyes, ears etc on you all in the mirror.

Carpet Monkeys
19-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Some ideas I have in my 'All About Me' Folder are:

I picked a friend to help measure my body.
My Friend is ______________________________.
My foot is _________________inches.
My arm is __________________inches.
My finger is _______________inches.
My nose is _________________inches.
My leg is __________________inches.
My body is _________________inches.

There are a lot of things I like. These are my favourites:
Number ________________________
Toy ___________________________
Game __________________________
Holiday ______________________
Colour ________________________
Day of the week________________
Season ________________________
Food __________________________
Book __________________________

This is the colour of my eyes.
Draw two large eyes. Have the children colour the appropriate colour.

Have child draw a picture of their favourite food.
written at the bottom of the page:
Here is a picture of my favourite food!
But, please don't give me any
______________________________YUK!!!!!!!

Draw a picture of a birthday cake. Have child colour the number of candles they will have on their cake on their next birthday.
At the bottom of the page is written.
Here are the number of candles I will have on my cake next birthday.

Handprints
Paint picture of me
Draw picture of family
Footprints
Body Parts

Have child draw a picture of what they would be grown up.

Rice Cake Faces
Likes/Dislikes

Carpet Monkeys
19-01-2010, 09:02 PM
There are more ideas here (http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes/aboutme/index.htm)

singingcactus
19-01-2010, 09:44 PM
My kids have always enjoyed making a 'mini me'. We draw or print with paint hand and feet and cut them out. We stick these to paper arms and legs, using a concertina fold with two strips of paper like a spring - do you understand what I mean? Then we attach them to the appropriate places on a cardboard tube. We blow up a balloon to the right size for a head, and the kids draw their face and sticky tape or staple them to the top of the tube.

Loreto
22-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll be using some of your ideas next week :)

Chell
23-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Some ideas/printables here:

http://www.silkysteps.com/family.cfm/auid/66/Inky-Bear/All-about-me-and-Health/All-Me-....

and:

http://www.silkysteps.com/family.cfm/auid/63/Inky-Bear/All-about-me-and-Health/Looking-After-Yourself

Daisy1956
23-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for some great ideas, I am going to use all about me next month.

greanan
27-01-2010, 02:32 PM
make a flower, the parents loved it. ask them for a picture of the child when they were small and one of them now. draw a flower in a flower pot and stick the baby photo in flower pot and in the middle if the flower a picture of them now xx