PDA

View Full Version : Spider charts

newadventure
18-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Guys

I have been looking into my planning and Im wondering if say I was doing painting could I do like a spider diagram.

Say put painting in the middle and put links to the 7 areas around the sides but linking then to the childs interests. eg favourite colours- painting favourite charcters. following interests etc

Thank you

hello kitty
18-01-2010, 05:09 PM
You could, so you would have for say, PSED Continue to be interested, excited and motivated t o learn or for CLL Attempt mark making for different purposes or PSRN Talk about, recognise and recreate simple patterns. That sort of thing.

Does that help?

sarah707
18-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I had a photo of a spider display a child did for Halloween and I linked it to all 6 areas of learning and development.

It worked really well and covered obs for ages! :D

The Juggler
19-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys

I have been looking into my planning and Im wondering if say I was doing painting could I do like a spider diagram.

Say put painting in the middle and put links to the 7 areas around the sides but linking then to the childs interests. eg favourite colours- painting favourite charcters. following interests etc

Thank you

I do all mine like that!

Cammie Doodle
19-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I think spider charts are brill, not too much writing either;)

jumpinjen
19-01-2010, 03:17 PM
You can use them to document activities that you do every day, e.g. mealtimes, walk to school, reading stories, to show how you support the children every day within EYFS! You do it once and then keep it with your routine and there is evidence for Ofsted too!

jenni:)

sdean
19-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I use this one x
:)

helenlc
19-01-2010, 09:35 PM
You can use them to document activities that you do every day, e.g. mealtimes, walk to school, reading stories, to show how you support the children every day within EYFS! You do it once and then keep it with your routine and there is evidence for Ofsted too!

jenni:)

So is this kind of like a continuous provision too ie something you have out or do most days?

Thanks

newadventure
19-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Sdean unfortunately it wont let me have a look at your spider chart as Im not a green member yet :blush:

Thank you everyone for telling me of your experiences with spider charts. Its really nice to get some feedback thats why I think this site is great.

Hello kitty that helps alot I am struggling to get my head around all that but I think its starting to sink in.

Jumpingjen I really like your idea of using them for everyday activities :thumbsup:

newadventure
19-01-2010, 09:39 PM
How strange now it has let me view your spider chart thats exactly how I had planned to do it thank you for showing it to me

miffy
19-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Guys

Thank you

I'm confused - thought there were only 6 areas??? :D

Miffy xx

newadventure
20-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm confused - thought there were only 6 areas??? :D

Miffy xx

Doh it had been a long day when I wrote it. think applying to be a childminder is turning my brain to mush :laughing: