PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Hebs?

custardcream
18-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard from Hebs today.
There were severe storms and floods in Sharm el Sheikh last night, first time in history so someone has said.
Hotels and apartments have been flooded, still waiting to hear if ours has been affected.
Airport is closed as roof collapsed and they have been without power, internet and some mobile networks are also down.
Think either me or hubby are going to have to get a flight out soon to check on our apartment as cant get hold of key holder. Other complexes have had thier apartments flooded badly and all furniture is ruined.:panic:
Hope hebs is ok and not ruined her hols.

singlewiththree
18-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Theres been nothing on facebook from her since Sat. Hope she is ok

angeldelight
18-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Hope she is ok

I spoke to her Saturday also and she was having a good time

We will prob hear from her late hopefully?

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
18-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh no, hope it hasnt spoilt her hols :(

I hope your apartments ok too,

I know last xmas/new year 08 they had the worst floods in Tenerife, our hotel was flooded too :panic: good thing out there though its so warm it does dry up quickly :thumbsup:

custardcream
18-01-2010, 02:32 PM
As far as i know its buildings that are water and flood damaged, they dont build them for the wet weather out there.
I just wish we could get hold of someone, for some info, but mobile networks are down.

angeldelight
18-01-2010, 02:34 PM
As far as i know its buildings that are water and flood damaged, they dont build them for the wet weather out there.
I just wish we could get hold of someone, for some info, but mobile networks are down.

What a nightmare

Hope your apartment is ok

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I am sure she will post as soon as everything is up and running again.

Hope your apartment is okay.

I have contacts over there - is this any help in getting your apartment checked?

custardcream
18-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks Debbie, we and lots of other owners are still trying to get in contact with all our contacts, but with no success at the moment. Mobile networks still seem to be down and this is egypt so nothing gets fixed quickly. lol
If we cant contact someone soon ,Hubby and another owner are going to hopefully get a flight and check on everyones apartment. Its the not knowing, and i dont want to think about all our furniture sitting in water.

fionamal
18-01-2010, 04:17 PM
My Mum and Dad are out there just now as well and we cant get ahold of them either.

Will let you know what they say as and when I hear from them

wendywu
18-01-2010, 04:25 PM
But they always have sunshine in Egypt :eek:

I hope Hebs and your apartment are OK. Do you get contents insurance in Egypt or not ?

TheBTeam
18-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Hope all is okay for everyone worried by this!

Alibali
18-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Hoping all is well, weather has not been good at all.

ORKSIE
18-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Hope she's ok, will look out for posts on FBxx

LOOPYLISA
18-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Ive not long sent her a message on fb, hope they are ok

LOOPYLISA
18-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Just spoke to one of hebs friends through fb, well it could be one of you here, don't recognise the name though :blush: !!

She and the kids are fine, been told to stay in her hotel room , quite a bit of damage to the airport and shops etc :panic:

TheBTeam
18-01-2010, 10:11 PM
That sounds like good news, not a good way to spend a much needed holiday though!

Pipsqueak
18-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Just had text from Hebs:

"me and kids ok, hotel flooded, damaged, loads of injuries, airport roof collapsed but we are safe and well"

I will text her back that we are all thinking of them and glad they are safe

angeldelight
18-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Just spoke to one of hebs friends through fb, well it could be one of you here, don't recognise the name though :blush: !!

She and the kids are fine, been told to stay in her hotel room , quite a bit of damage to the airport and shops etc :panic:

Yeah I just saw that , thanks Lisa

She sounds like her and the kids are still having fun and enjoying the excitment ?

Angel xxx

Pipsqueak
18-01-2010, 10:22 PM
she just text back saying the phones have only just come back on in the last hour

angeldelight
18-01-2010, 10:23 PM
she just text back saying the phones have only just come back on in the last hour

At least you know she is ok

xxx

cher25
18-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Im only just catching up with everything now. Havent been online a much today so this is the first ive heard.

I got the same txt as pip. Thank goodness they are ok.

PixiePetal
18-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks goodness they are ok.

Read the news online and was worried for them

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Thank goodness they are all alright. xxx

custardcream
19-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Thank goodness Hebs is ok, there have been lots of injuries.
We heard about our apartment late last night.. 4cm of water inside.. air-con and tv damaged as it came through roof and back terrace and possible kitchen is damaged too. Hubby is going to get a flight out next week to check on damage to walls and ceiling etc.
Roads are still flooded.

LOOPYLISA
19-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Thank goodness Hebs is ok, there have been lots of injuries.
We heard about our apartment late last night.. 4cm of water inside.. air-con and tv damaged as it came through roof and back terrace and possible kitchen is damaged too. Hubby is going to get a flight out next week to check on damage to walls and ceiling etc.
Roads are still flooded.

:eek:

Your poor apartment, im sorry x

Chatterbox Childcare
19-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Glad she is okay and enjoys the rest of her holiday

ORKSIE
19-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Thank goodness they all ok:thumbsup:

singingcactus
19-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh no, that's not good. She was so excited about her holiday too :( .
I hope the rest of it is better for her.

RachelE
19-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh no! Hope she manages to get out of the hotel again soon!

Glad that she is well.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Rachel x

Amaranth
19-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad Hebs and family are all ok. Been thinking about her all day.

I hope you manage to get your apartment all fixed soon cusatard Xxx

Hebs
19-01-2010, 08:20 PM
hiya guys

Net just come back on now

storm was REALLY bad, never seen anything like it even in england! :eek:

flooding everywhere, 7 dead and LOADS of injuries. Airport roof has collapsed but they are still managing to get flights in and out of sharm.
All the shops here are flooded too, the locals were stunned by the storm, it started at 9pm (local time - 7pm UK time) andf continued for 8 HOURS :panic:

Our hotel was flooded, without elecctricity for few hours, all phones (inc landlines) went off, they went on last night so i rang my mum to let her know
My friend who posted last night isnt a member on here :laughing: she's one of my mums :D

But despite this we loved being here for it :blush: and we are safe and sounds xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trouble
19-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Glad you and the kids are safe :thumbsup:

littletreasures
19-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Glad you're all safe.

You won't forget this holiday!!!!

Carol
19-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Glad you are safe try and enjoy the rest of your holiday

Carol xxx

patevans
20-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh my goodness Hebs, glad your all safe x

LOOPYLISA
20-01-2010, 09:35 AM
You won't forget this holiday !!

Like i said to your friend on fb, we had the worst floods Tenerife had ever seen xmas / new yr 2008 :eek:

Soon dryed up though because of the heat :thumbsup:

Glad your all safe x