PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Register

shelly04
17-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi ,

I know this is probably going to sound daft, but I thought I would ask for advice. Apart from using the attendance register to mark what days, and time mindees come and for tax at end of year do you need this book, does anyone ask to see it? the reason I ask is that for 3 or 4 months I have not filled it it and never got the parents to sign, they are in and out so quickly. I do know when the mindees have attended. Basically if you don't understand the above do we really need this?

Mouse
17-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, you do have to have it & Ofsted have always looked at my attendance register when I've had an inspection.

It is a requirement that you keep a daily record of the names of the children looked after on the premises and their hours of attendance.

Edit: I've just noticed you're in Scotland. Maybe it's different for you?

Twinkles
17-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Don't know about Scotland but as Mouse says Ofsted require you to have a record of exact times of attendance.

You do not have to have it signed by the parents though.

sarah707
18-01-2010, 07:58 AM
When I was researching for my Scottish childminders e-book I found the following information -

Record keeping

Some record keeping regulations are decided by legislation eg the Children Act states that the following records must be kept for a period of 2 years from the date of the last entry –
• Daily attendance registers;
• Accident records;
• Medication records.
Other records are covered by recent judgements in the European Court of Human Rights and suggestions are that they should be kept for 21.5 years, so you are protected against possible future legal action.

There are, however, other requirements set by your insurance company.

Both Ncma and Morton Michel insurance require attendance records to be accurately kept and retained for 21 years and 5 months.

this is in case a child wants to claim against you when they are an adult. You would need all the paperwork from their time with you.

Neither insurance company nor Scma require the records to be signed by parents but it is good practice to get them to sign.

I hope this helps :D