PDA

View Full Version : Linking Sensory Activity (Smell) to EYFS

Rasharoon
17-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi
I have my NVQ assessor coming on Tuesday and i need to do a Sensory Activity. Now I've been and bought a wicker basket, some baby food jars and favour bags and what I'm going to do is put smelly items in each - e.g. mixed herbs, coffee beans, cotton wool soaked in lemon juice/vinegar etc. I'll then ask the two girls I mind to have a sniff, then get them to describe what they smell. I've also printed some pictures of the items so they can try and match the picture to the smell.
Is this OK as I've never done a sensory activity and how do I link all this to the EYFS?
Any help before Tuesday would be much appreciated.
Thanks
xx

I've attached a sheet as to how maybe all this links to the EYFS. Can you let me know what you think. Thanks

Zoomie
17-01-2010, 08:45 PM
WOW, I think you have done great.

What age are your mindees ?

Trouble
17-01-2010, 08:47 PM
touch ones are good too

with food :D

MrsT333
17-01-2010, 09:56 PM
This looks great! I wouldnt worry too much, this will cover quite a few pc.'s & K's.
well done :clapping:

Rasharoon
18-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Thank you. The ages of the mindees are 4 & 2.5.

I'm just going to compile a tick list for each girl and write a comment about how they describe each smell and then use this as an ob for their learning journal.

angeldelight
18-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Thats great

Good luck for Tuesday

Angel xx

andreaschildcare
18-01-2010, 01:18 PM
wow I totally LOVE your activity sheets!!!!!!!!!!!! are you selling them :blush: :D

Rasharoon
18-01-2010, 03:48 PM
wow I totally LOVE your activity sheets!!!!!!!!!!!! are you selling them :blush: :D

Have to admit to acquiring this from somewhere (don't know where) so by all means, use it/adapt it all you like. :)