PDA

View Full Version : This may be a silly question but....

Sarah41
16-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I have a feeling my first inspection is looming, can you tell me what they look for when they come. Is it just paperwork or do they look through your cupboards, fridge etc as I'm getting into panic mode. I started my SEF yesterday and will finish it in the next couple of days. HELP.
Any advice surely welcome.
xxxxx

breezy
16-01-2010, 05:40 PM
calm down! Look through the section on here on inspection tips, theres loads of great hints there and no they dont go through cupboards and fridges well not that I know of anyway!

They are human (ish) ! Just relax and be yourself

BeckenhamCM
16-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Sarah,

Just wanted to reassure you as I had my inspection Tuesday last week. Please don't worry about it, altho I'm not sure why I'm saying that, I didn't sleep a wink the week before mine, it's natural to worry.

The lady who saw me made me feel very at ease. She came in (after I made a point of checking her ID !! ) and I had all my paperwork ready for her. She bascially spent an hour to an hour and a half looking at it and typing away on her laptop. Then she was observing what I was doing with the kids and continued to type away and she would ask me questions as and when she needed to. She asked me things like, how do I evaluate my practice and if we were celebrating say Burns Night, for example, what would I present to the children and what activities would we do etc.

I didn't complete any of my SEF, I don't think they expect you to for your first inspection, but then if you have the time to do it then all the better I would say :-)

I'm sure you will be just fine and try not to worry when it does happen. I know that is much easier said than done tho :-)

Ash xx